Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Autodesk Vault 2013 to a new server

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rdv616
307 Views, 4 Replies

Migrating Autodesk Vault 2013 to a new server

I am having problems migrating Autodesk Vault Collaboration 2013 to a new server.  I am fairly new to Autodesk products and was told all I needed to do was login to ADMS on old server and perform a backup, install Vault on the new server and restore from backup.  All my settings appear to be inplace and when I login to the web client I can see the folder structure; however, the files do not seem to be there.

The other problem is that I get Failed to acquire a license error when trying to login with the Autodesk Vault Client.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: rdv616

rdv616 wrote:

The other problem is that I get Failed to acquire a license error when trying to login with the Autodesk Vault Client.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

you need to have flex lm set up with a vault collaboration license before you can log into vault from the client

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
m.mees
in reply to: rdv616

In the Web client you might have to first configure that non-released data is shown.

Regards.

Message 4 of 5
rdv616
in reply to: DarrenP

I actually already had the flex lm installed.  What I did wrong was thinking all I had to do was move license file over to.  Appearently, I have to get a new license file instead of just being able to modify the current one.  I have the server up and going now using the previous license server till I can get the new one.  Thanks for the response.

Message 5 of 5
rdv616
in reply to: m.mees

Thanks for the help, I that resolved the web client issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report