Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya and Mudbox not activating at all - license code not working

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
j.webb
5189 Views, 15 Replies

Maya and Mudbox not activating at all - license code not working

Hi there,

I have installed both Maya and Mudbox from the Education website, and every time I open the application and press "Activate" it immediately comes up with an error that says "A license error has occurred. Contact your technical support representative for assistance" with the code (110). Then after that I get the error message in the image below:

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 12.57.28.png

I've trawled the internet for answers and can't find anything that fits, I don't use Time Machine either (as was the result for some of the problems I found online).

Also I found the registration website, and when I tried to register my products on there it gave me the error, "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)".

Thank you in advance,
Jacob

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
t_gaisf
in reply to: j.webb

Hallo Jacob, 

Regarding the last part of your post "Also I found the registration website, and when I tried to register my products on there it gave me the error, "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)".: please send me a PM with your Serial Numbers, the products you want to activate and confirm your registered name. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

(click on t_gaisf profile name and then Send this User a Private Message)

Franz Gaisbauer

Message 3 of 16
camilo.lemos
in reply to: t_gaisf

Hi Jacob,

Before sending Franz the Private Message he appropriately requested, could you please check that you have all Service Packs for Maya 2014 installed - especially if you are running the program on OS Mavericks?

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 4 of 16
david.lau
in reply to: camilo.lemos

For sure, Maya 2014 SP3 will solve the problem.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/maya-2014-on-mac-109-mavericks-error-110-when-act...

Mudbox doesn't have a update recently so you will need to book mark it to see when the next update will support it.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=11937426&id=2334435&siteID=123112

David Lau
Message 5 of 16
j.webb
in reply to: david.lau

Hi there,

Thank you for all the responses - I installed Maya SP3 and it seems to be working now, although I was never asked to activate the product, but thank you for fixing that!

As for Mudbox, from what I've gathered does that mean that I can't use Mudbox until an update is brought out? My trial will expire soon, when will it be updated? It's still showing the 110 error as Maya was.

Thank you again,
Jacob

Message 6 of 16
david.lau

Mudbox 2014 SP2 now supports Mavericks. Pleas check out all the info and links here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/mac-os-mavericks-109-released-autodesk-products.h...

David Lau
Message 7 of 16
ndelgiudice
in reply to: david.lau

The Service Pack 2 download is not available. I am experiencing this issue as well and I'm ripping my hair out :).

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/mudbox/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-mudbox-2014-s...

Message 8 of 16
david.lau

I have alerted the Autodesk Knowledge Network Team.

David Lau
Message 9 of 16
erpreid

I am having a similar problem where it wont let me activate mudbox and maya(student verson) I need tham activared for a school project.

Message 10 of 16
ndelgiudice
in reply to: erpreid

Erpreid, I use the latest version of Mavericks on my Mac and found that uninstalling Mudbox and reinstalling with Service Pack 2 solved my activation issue. Autodesk didn't have Service Pack 2 up earlier, but they just recently added it. Check out the most recent updates here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/mudbox/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-mudbox-2014-s...
Message 11 of 16
jessica.t
in reply to: erpreid

Hi Ethan,

Could you offer a few more details? Are you also getting the Error 110? What operating system are you using? What steps have you already taken to rectify the issue? Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 12 of 16
airdenbentley

Hi I just got the student version of Mudbox 2014... but the application won't open... I am using a MAC version 10.8.5... just wondering if I did something wrong?

Message 13 of 16
Umelaya
in reply to: t_gaisf

Hi ...I didnt find a place to write. Ive registrated on the site like a studant but did not reseive serial number for use program..Where can I get it?

Message 14 of 16
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Umelaya

Hi Umelaya, welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you receive any error messages when you tried to obtain your student serial number? If so, what did it say?

Can you please confirm that you didn't receive the email with your serial number (check your spam folders) and also were not able to see it on the website after downloading?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 15 of 16
Sugarzilla
in reply to: camilo.lemos

hello,I seem to be having a similar problem and I don't know what to do.I downloaded 30 day trial version of Mudbox 2015 and decided to get the academy edition for free.But when I try to install it,I can't because its always saying that it's already installed but it actually is'nt.I even deleted the registry keys and all that and I'm positive I have uninstalled it but still,I can't even install it.So...PLEASE HELP !!!

Message 16 of 16
jessica.t
in reply to: Sugarzilla

Hi @Sugarzilla and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Often times the Microsoft Fixit tool can help with this issue. Check out this article posted by CADnotes for assistance. If the problem persists please reply with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report