Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 Student version won't open

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shannon_clark_90
794 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2013 Student version won't open

I just recently had to restore my computer, and so I had to redownload the student version of Maya 2013. I install it, the key works. but when I open it, before 3 seconds, it says Autodesk Component has stopped working and below is the error details. I have 3ds Max installed and it works perfectly.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LMU.exe
Application Version: 5.0.39.0
Application Timestamp: 4f0e4fd7
Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.9200.16721
Fault Module Timestamp: 523f71e2
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000027b72b
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 78a2
Additional Information 2: 78a2302c101554d7378bb833eff7a51a
Additional Information 3: cf70
Additional Information 4: cf70af0450a78d6ca00817470e23cbe7

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: shannon_clark_90

Hi Shannon, 

Welcome to the forum. The crash is occuring in LMU.exe and this is the licensing component. There may be an error with your license data file due to the system restore. Try deleting and re-creating it using the method described below.

First enable view of hidden files if you have not already(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-hidden-files). Navigate to the below directory

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7/8: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet 

Find a file with a name similar to this: adskflex_00691b00_tsf the important thing is that it begins with the adskflex. Delete that file. Please note once you do this all Autodesk standalone licenses will need to be reactivated.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
shannon_clark_90
in reply to: asburyj

I deleted the files, there were two once I unhid them, and I tried to start up Maya but th same problem occured. Now, when I start up 3DS Max, the same problem occured. I deleted the files again, deleted and uninstalled all Autodesk software, and reinstalled. The problem is still occuring. I am not sure what next to try. 

Message 4 of 4
aaronhai
in reply to: shannon_clark_90

Hi shannon_clark_90,

Do you have inherent restriction or system policies imposed within on your machine and setup? If so, please refer to the information on the settings to allow (or avoid) in order to minimize such permission issues in this Technical Solution.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report