Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 refuses to open files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
keksters
532 Views, 6 Replies

Maya 2012 refuses to open files

I've got 64bit Maya installed on my 64bit Windows 7 computer, it installed perfectly and the key and such were handled fine.

I set up my sketches and went about making my model.

During a time where our internet modem died I decided to be productive and do some more of my 3D work. Unfortunately when I got to a point where I had done enough to warrant a save Maya froze. I say froze as in it locked up and would not let me click anything inside that window yet my task manager reckonised it as still running.

I retried Maya - it started perfectly and seemed functional but as soon as I clicked "Open File" it decided to lock up again. Struck by that I decided to launch Maya by way of my save file which it loaded perfectly but as soon as I tried to do anything to the save decided to lock up.

At this point I thought it was because I had no internet and the license couldn't check but as soon as we had a new modem I still continue to have this problem.

I have reinstalled the product to no avail.

If there is anyone out there who has any insight on this it would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: keksters

Have you tried logging on with a different user to see if it works under another profile?  The hardware failure could have corrupted additional system files.  In some instances it can cause licensing issues.  A repair install might be a good option for you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
keksters
in reply to: TravisNave

My profile is the only one on my computer as it is a personal laptop.

I have repair installed as well as fully uninstalled then reinstalled Maya to no avail.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

Create a new user in Control Panel > Users with local admin rights and login as that user. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
keksters
in reply to: TravisNave

I activated the Guest account and logged into that.

Maya does work in that profile.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

That's what I figured.  Your Windows profile has some sort of corrupted file that is preventing the product from working properly.  The easiest thing to do is just create a new profile.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 7
keksters

Thank you for the help 😃

I will get onto that as soon as I can.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report