Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
110 Views, 0 Replies

MOving to new server

Hi Everyone.. I'm trying to move the adlm for Architectural Desktop 2.0 (the package includes autocad2000) from our old server to a new computer (we've upgraded our servers and need to decommission our old ones). I have installed the adlm software on the new computer and sent the server code + original serial numbers to get authorisation codes. I have put in the authorisation codes succesfully, and enabled both features. The problem is that it does not seem to be giving out licenses. I have launched the service from the control panel (AdLM icon), and verified that the service is running (under services listed as "Autodesk License Manager" currently started and set to automatic). However, it doesn't seem to be functioning. I did some troubleshooting with the NETSTAT -n -a command and noticed that on the old server, the machine is listening on port 1422. This is the line displayed when running netstat -n -a Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP 0.0.0.0:1422 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING When I stop the service using the AdLM icon in control panel, then run netstat -n -a again, the entry is no longer listed. When the service is started again, the entry reappears. It seems like the computer needs to be listening on port 1422 (the default adlm port) for it to give out licenses. However, the new server doesn't seem to be listening on this port when i check with netstat. AdLM Query utility displays the new server as active, but the clients fail to start up Autocad 2000. Any ideas or suggestions on overcoming this technical glitch? Thanks
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report