Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lmgrd service is stopped

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Ibecit
590 Views, 8 Replies

Lmgrd service is stopped

Hi.

Lmgrd service stops reporting this error:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name: ********
License path: @*********;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570

Then if I reboot the service is working properly again. This error occurs 3 or 4 times daily.

Windows firewall is disable.

Please can you help me? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
michael.jones
in reply to: Ibecit

I'm experiencing this same issue after system has been working fine for a long period of time. No updates or upgrades performed, running version LMTools 11.13.1.2 build 173302 x64_n6. AutoCAD & Maya app's affected.  I did have data residing under c:\autodesk and was advised to move it under c:\program files which I did with no success. Each morning I have to manually start the service, if I first try to stop it, error is unable to stop server. Lic file is good through 08-dev-2019. Getting no answer's from autodesk support. Please help if you have a solution..............Thank you!

Message 3 of 9

@michael.jones 

Sorry didn't mean to make your posting or question as a solution..  

Who informed you to move it o the Program Files location?

Can you provide your debug log file for review?

Have you check your server event logs to see what the service is not starting?   Is your server rebooted every day?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 9

Hi Mark,

I've attached my debug file for review. I reviewed a thread from an autodesk technician that advised that one of the reason's the lmgrd would stop is if the install path was off the root of C-drive rather than under Program Files, I made that change with no improvement. I checked my server log's and found nothing referencing this, The Flexnet license service always shows started and running. I found that there is a 16.2 version of lmgrd and figured I would upgrade to see if that resolves my issue.

Thanks for your support, it is greatly appreciated Mark.

Message 5 of 9

@michael.jones 

I could see if you had the file under the root of "C" but you had it under C:\Autodesk..   That's the new common location for the newer versions.    Meaning the files  are not installed on the root of :C..   You had it one level deeper.  Smiley LOL

Reviewing the log and well get back to you.

Update:  Not much in the log file but I noticed this?   Do you have something in your license file or an option file?

Command-line options used at LS startup: -app -win -c C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Network License Manager\License\SERVER PINFAPVS2002 2A86F0A1DF3B.lic -l C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Network License Manager\Logs\Debug.log.txt

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 9

Hi Mark,

I have standard code that applies to the licensing of our applications in the license file but nothing other than that. The debug is the path to the log files which I have correctly listed under "Config Services" for path's to lmgrd.exe file, licenst file, and debug log file. As mentioned, each day in LMTools, I have to do a Start Server because the lmgrd.exe process is not running. 

Appreciate your help!

Message 7 of 9

Hello,
I have not received any reply back from this. Could someone please contact me?
Thank you!
Message 8 of 9
Pola_S
in reply to: michael.jones

How is the logon set for the licensing service? Local System account or "This account"? If the latter, can you test changing it to Local System account and test this way?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autode...

Message 9 of 9
michael.jones
in reply to: Pola_S

Under service manager, the service FLEXnet Licensing Service is running under "Local System". When looking at task manager, the process LMGRD.EXE is running under my admin account because I am having to log onto the server, launch LMTools Utility and then Start Server. The task is running each day then stopping yet the FLEXnet service is always running. If I understand it correctly, the lmgrd.exe has no dependancy on the FLEXnet which puzzles me.

I'm thinking of trying an upgrade to the LMTool Utility (lmgrd.exe) to see if that fixes the issue. Please provide me your input suggestions, this is a new issue for me and frustrating...................Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report