Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing: Not For Resale vs. Commercial

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
LT.Rusty
3645 Views, 10 Replies

Licensing: Not For Resale vs. Commercial

Okay, so a couple weeks ago I installed Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013 on my laptop.  Over the weekend, I wanted to install my new SSD, so I used the License Transfer Utility to upload my license to the cloud (or w/e) and did the hardware changes, reinstalling Windows afterwards.  I reinstalled PDSU 2013 and imported the license, but didn't start it up again until tonight.

This is where the problems start.

Before the license transfer thing, the "About Autodesk Inventor Professional" window showed that the Usage Type was Commercial and the license was a permanent one, not subject to expiration.  Now that I've re-imported the license, it says that the Usage Type is "Not for Resale Version" and that the license is Extendable, but expires in August 2013.

What happened?  I don't see a plot stamp on drawings or anything, but I'm still a little concerned ...

Rusty

EESignature

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: LT.Rusty

did the serial number change also or just the license type?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
LT.Rusty
in reply to: DarrenP

Just the license type and expiration information.  The serial number stayed the same.

After re-installing I used the license transfer utility to re-import the license but didn't run any of the software for a few days.  Last night I started Inventor up, it asked for the serial number, so I put the same number back in.  It started up, saying it was using the previously activated license file found on the computer or something similar.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

you may want to reset the activation:

1. Locate and delete the .data file.

Windows Vista/Windows 7 C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

Windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ADLM C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
LT.Rusty

Okay, I'll try that when I get home tonight.

After that, will I just activate the software again when it starts up the next time?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
DarrenP

yea

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
DarrenP

i would try reimporting first after you reset the activation if that doesn't work try going here or calling the autodesk activations

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
LT.Rusty

Hm.  Still says that it's not for resale.  

I wonder if perhaps it was just a fluke before that it showed as commercial / no expiration?

I'll check with my company.  I've been told that I was allowed to use it for whatever I wanted, including moonlighting, so long as I wasn't competing with the company ...

EDIT:  Does "Not For Resale Version" mean "no commercial use" in the same way as the educational licenses?  I can live with the expiration date - I'll just have to get a new license in August - but I'd be really annoyed if I see a plot stamp or anything like that ...

Rusty

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
DarrenP

you won't see a plot stamp but its not meant for commercial use

you may wantt to check the serial number with autodesk or your reseller

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
philip.s

Hi Gabriel,

I can gladly verify your license type, assuming you haven't done so already, if you could please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number.

Message 11 of 11
LT.Rusty
in reply to: philip.s

I'll call this one solved, but it turns out that it's not a problem after all.  The serial number is actually intended to be not for resale.  Not sure why it installed as Commercial original.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report