Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
bhoover117
487 Views, 5 Replies

License installment

I had my computer worked on for repair due to a virus and now that i have my computer back, everytime i try to open AutoCAD a message comes up saying there there is some type od license and software not installed correctly.  how can i resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: bhoover117

Hi Bhoover,

Try the following solution to clear out the old license file. 

Delete trusted storage file

First enable view of hidden files if you have not already(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-hidden-files). Navigate to the below directory

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Windows 7/8: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet 

Find a file with a name similar to this: adskflex_00691b00_tsf the important thing is that it begins with the adskflex. Delete that file. Please note once you do this all Autodesk standalone licenses will need to be reactivated.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
TravisNave

Whoever worked on your virus probably did a system restore or something similar that broke your licensing.  You will need to blow that away and relicense it.

Delete this:

%programdata%\flexnet\adsk*.data

Then launch and reactivate.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
dembkod

bhoover117,

Hello. If the above does not work, uninstall AutoCAD and reinstall to see if it helps. It could be a bonafide install corruption and an uninstall and reinstall could help.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 6
iliapi
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,
Do you mean to re-install the program back-on?
Iliapi
Message 6 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: iliapi

If you haven't uninstalled you don't need to re-install anything. The license file is recreated automaticly the next time you open the program. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report