Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License failed to initiate ERROR 30; 3ds Max 2012

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sebastian.pietta
13723 Views, 1 Reply

License failed to initiate ERROR 30; 3ds Max 2012

Hi,

I'm confronted with one or two problems.

First: I'm a student and got a license from Autodesk for 3ds Max 2012. I installed the German version but I realized, that it's much more better to work with the English version. So I downloaded that version and installed it.

So far so good. When I opened the program a window appeared and said: "Error splas.dll". I ignored it a few days. Today I read that it might have an conflict with the German version. I uninstalled the German version and after that NOTHING worked. I uninstalled everything I found and deleted everything in the Temp-folder etc...I tried to reinstall the English version...but it said that it is already installed.

So I reseated my system to the point before uninstalling the German version. NOW when I try to open 3ds Max there appears another error "The software license failed to initialize. Error 30". I exported and reimported my student-license but it didn't solve the problem.

Guys...what can I do? Did I make a huge mistake or how can I fix it?

Thank you so far!

Sebastian

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Can you check out this post:

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/shane/licensing_and_install_problems

If not, the uninstall and reinstall the software and check if the following registry keys exist and delete them.

NOTE: Backup your registry keys (Folders) before deleting them.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/general-installation-cannot-uninstall-andor-reins...

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report