Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License borrowing takes 2 licenses

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pcrawley
175 Views, 1 Reply

License borrowing takes 2 licenses

Does anyone know what is going on here:

It appears to be possible for one computer to borrow 2 licences

• One while connected to the LAN.
  • A second while connected via VPN.

Sequence for which this event occurred

1. Borrow licence at work while connected to the LAN
  2. Went home and found that couldn't open Inventor due to no licence (odd - since it had just been borrowed.)
  3. Connected to VPN, was able to open Inventor and also borrow second licence.

Initially we thought the first license may not have borrowed correctly, but the log file & license count said otherwise.

To fix this we had to go back to work and release the LAN borrowed licence, then went back home to borrow a VPN connected licence.

I know that the borrowed license is bound to the user profile used to borrow it - and the same profile should be used to return it, but the method of connection to the license manager should not cause the behaviour described above should it?  In the case above the same windows user prodile was used.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Peter

Peter
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: pcrawley

The borrowed license is connected to the network adapter and the username. So if you were connected via the NIC and borrowed, then connected at home via WiFi, then that is your issue. Likewise, if you use a different login name in either location, that is your issue.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report