Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility returns Error 400 after subscription expired

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
laichiwai
1193 Views, 6 Replies

License Transfer Utility returns Error 400 after subscription expired

I purchased 3ds Max with 1 year of subscription. It has now expired. I would like to upgrade my computer to use SSD RAID which requires the re-installation of everything.

For this, I need to backup the 3ds Max 2011 license to the Autodesk server. Sadly, the license transfer utility returns error code 400 and does not show me to log in. What can I do now?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: laichiwai

Hello laichiwai and welcome to the Autodesk Discussion Groups.

As you're unable to login and utilize the License Transfer Utility, the easiest workaround is to simply reinstall the software and proceed with the standard installation / activation process.

If for whatever reason you experience an activation error, please contact our Registration and Activation team for manual assistance.

Message 3 of 7
laichiwai

Thanks for your reply, Philip.

Though, as I afraid doing a direct re-install (after re-install Windows after SSD upgrade), I will not be  granted the activation because of exceeding the limit? (I only use the activation for once only, uses LTU all around in other circumstances).

I just browsed through the Autodesk site and found out the register once link. I found there are 2 profiles under my log in. Is this normal? And it this blocking me from using the LTU? Is there any way I can check which profile I used to activate my 3ds Max the first time?

Message 4 of 7
philip.s

You're very welcome laichiwai.

There shouldn't be any issues in granting you another activation code (if necessary) as your 2011 license is valid. Commercial licenses are typically allotted 2 activations / license anyway, so I doubt that you will actually need to request activation assistance.

It is normal to have multiple accounts associated with a profile, and no that would not block you form using the LTU. With that being said, I removed one as it was an empty account (no licenses attached) and wasn't adding any value. The registered contact tied to this license is the same one that you are using in the forums right now.

Please let me know if I can be of additional help.

Message 5 of 7
laichiwai

Thanks so much. I can activate the product after system refresh and installation and I can use the license transfer utility after the system refresh. Looks like my system is some how damaged and disallow the utility somehow.

Message 6 of 7
gauthier.celine
in reply to: philip.s

Bonjour, 

celà fait maintenant 10 fois que je tente d'installer Autocad 2013 et que ce soit sur mon pc ou sur ma mémoire externe je me retrouve avec ''ERROR 400'' 

Comment faire pour activer ma licence... pour qu'elle dure plus de 30 jours?

Message 7 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: gauthier.celine

Hi Celine,

Can you please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + request code, or contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report