Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
195 Views, 5 Replies

LT network install

LT doesn't support network licensing. Also, each install requires a unique serial number and authorization (no more owning 5 licenses, but installing one license and auth code 5 times). But there is a network install wizard, which I would like to use. But how does one use it? Do you create 5 different installs, one for each license, and make sure each install is identical? Can you create a single install that offers 5 different licenses, and you have to make sure you choose a different one for each machine? The wizard suggests there is an easier way than going machine to machine doing a traditional manual install, but I am not clear on what is the best way to do it. Thanks, Gordon
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Gordon, When using the Network Installation Wizard (NIW) to create your deployment image, you will be able to enter just one serial number when creating the deploy image. If you have all of the seats under a single serial number, than you use just that single serial number when creating your deployment image. On the other hand, if you have multiple serial numbers for your standalone seats, you will need to change the serial numbers accordingly for each of your installs/activations. To use the NIW in this environment, with standalone seats with multiple serial numbers, you can alter the serial number either by; a) modifying the deploy image to create a unique deploy image for each serial number, or b) by using a non-silent deploy and modifying the serial number at install time at the client workstation. Regards, Greg Suppes Autodesk, Inc. "Gordon Price" wrote in message news:40881556$1_1@newsprd01... > LT doesn't support network licensing. Also, each install requires a unique > serial number and authorization (no more owning 5 licenses, but installing > one license and auth code 5 times). But there is a network install wizard, > which I would like to use. But how does one use it? Do you create 5 > different installs, one for each license, and make sure each install is > identical? Can you create a single install that offers 5 different licenses, > and you have to make sure you choose a different one for each machine? The > wizard suggests there is an easier way than going machine to machine doing a > traditional manual install, but I am not clear on what is the best way to do > it. > > Thanks, > Gordon > > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Gordon, This is designed to be used with a "Multiseat Standalone License". This kind of license associates a single serial number with multiple seats and will allow the corresponding number of activations. See your Autodesk dealer regarding this license option. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Gordon Price" wrote in message news:40881556$1_1@newsprd01... > LT doesn't support network licensing. Also, each install requires a unique > serial number and authorization (no more owning 5 licenses, but installing > one license and auth code 5 times). But there is a network install wizard, > which I would like to use. But how does one use it? Do you create 5 > different installs, one for each license, and make sure each install is > identical? Can you create a single install that offers 5 different licenses, > and you have to make sure you choose a different one for each machine? The > wizard suggests there is an easier way than going machine to machine doing a > traditional manual install, but I am not clear on what is the best way to do > it. > > Thanks, > Gordon > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Greg, thanks for the info. On option two b, can I expose only the SN, so that the rest stays silent, or at least automatic? I would prefer option one, but the office I am helping already bought the 5 user pack, which I am guessing is a 5 license deal unless you specifially ask for a multi-seat license? Also, what is the process for installing on another machine? Specifically, this office is going to be replacing 4 machines in the next 30-45 days, but wants to install LT on the current machines. Even with a multi-seat license, this will look like 9 total installs from an activation standpoint. Thanks, Gordon
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Gordon, When you replace the workstations use the portable license utility to move the license from the old workstation to the new one, thus avoiding a reactivation event. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Gordon Price" wrote in message news:4088413d_1@newsprd01... > > Greg, > thanks for the info. On option two b, can I expose only the SN, so that the > rest stays silent, or at least automatic? > I would prefer option one, but the office I am helping already bought the 5 > user pack, which I am guessing is a 5 license deal unless you specifially > ask for a multi-seat license? Also, what is the process for installing on > another machine? Specifically, this office is going to be replacing 4 > machines in the next 30-45 days, but wants to install LT on the current > machines. Even with a multi-seat license, this will look like 9 total > installs from an activation standpoint. > > Thanks, > Gordon > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Gordon, No you cannot make all aspects of the install silent, except serial number. A deployed install is either silent or verbose. Not sure if the 5-seat LT pack is 5 serial numbers or a 5-seat multi-seat standalone license under one serial number. Would be ideal if it is the latter, as deploying N standalone seats under a single multi-seat standalone serial number, is really what the NIW is geared towards. In the future as you move to other machines, you can simply use the Portable License Utility and avoid having to re-activate all together. Regards, Greg Suppes "Gordon Price" wrote in message news:4088413d_1@newsprd01... > > Greg, > thanks for the info. On option two b, can I expose only the SN, so that the > rest stays silent, or at least automatic? > I would prefer option one, but the office I am helping already bought the 5 > user pack, which I am guessing is a 5 license deal unless you specifially > ask for a multi-seat license? Also, what is the process for installing on > another machine? Specifically, this office is going to be replacing 4 > machines in the next 30-45 days, but wants to install LT on the current > machines. Even with a multi-seat license, this will look like 9 total > installs from an activation standpoint. > > Thanks, > Gordon > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report