Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
tonyatrsm
340 Views, 3 Replies

LICENSE FILE

MY WORK INSTALLED A NEW SERVER OVER THE WEEKEND AND NOW MY AUTOCAD SAYS IT CANT FIND THE LICENSE. I DID THE BROWSE AND DIRECTED IT TO THE LICENSE FILE (AT LEAST WHAT SAYS ITS THE LICENSE FILE) BUT IT STILL WONT RUN. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO TO GET THIS TO WORK? THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jggerth1
in reply to: tonyatrsm

and did you get new license codes from Adesk for the network license on the new server?    the old ones will not work -- the auth codes are tied to the old hardware,

Message 3 of 4
camilo.lemos
in reply to: tonyatrsm

Hi Tony,

as JGerth mentioned above we will need to generate a new license file for your network deployment. If you can PM me your products' serial number, your e-mail address, the name and Mac address of your new server I'll generate the license file for you and send it via e-mail.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 4 of 4

When you get your new License File, you have to do the following: On the Server: Make sure that Lmtools can read your new License File. On the Firewall settings, add exclusions to TCP port 2080 and 27000-27009. On the Workstations: Update the LICPATH.LIC file using Notepad (located on program directory) to reflect the new Server Name, if the Server Name changed. If you are using Environment Variable, update the Server Name, if the Server Name changed. It wouldn't hurt to delete CASCADEINFO.CAS file. CASCADEINFO.CAS can be located here: Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm Mac: /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm/.config Linux: /var/opt/Autodesk/Adlm/.config Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report