Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues installing 3ds Max and REVIT for a student.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
thibault.gossuin
12739 Views, 7 Replies

Issues installing 3ds Max and REVIT for a student.

Hello. I'm a student in architecture. I need to install 2 programs : Revit and 3ds Max Design. I'm having trouble for both.

About Revit : it doesn't even start the installation. I get an error message saying "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation". I've retried a thousand times but every time I get the same message.

About 3ds Max : I could install the program but when I start it I get this : "Autodesk Licensing : file not found : C:/Program Files/Common Files/Autodesk Shared/Adlm/R7/en-US/Webdepot/RTEaseReAuthBeginReg.html "
I click ok, then I get the menu suggesting me to Try or to Activate. If I Try, it works with the trial version. If I activate I get this : "Autodesk Licensing : file not found : C:/Program Files/Common Files/Autodesk Shared/Adlm/R7/en-US/Webdepot/RTBeginReg.html "
I click ok, it tells me that the software license check out failed, error 20.
Can anyone help me ? I tried with autodesk support but what they told me didn't work...

Thanks !

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
avto
in reply to: thibault.gossuin

Hello and welcome to Autodesk Forums.

I would suggest downloading 3ds Max and Revit from Autodesk virtual agent and reinstalling both.

A. Download 3ds Max/Revit installer from virtual agent.

1.Go to http://www.autodesk.com

2.At the bottom of the page, beneath Help and Support, click Customer Service.

3.Click the Ask button.

4.In the Virtual Agent window, click Downloading and Installation.

5.Click Software Download links.

6.Click "I need to redownload my product."

7.Click 3ds Max/Revit Products

8.Select the appropriate product and click the link to download.

B. Install 3ds Max/Revit as follows:

1.Logon as an Administrator.

2.Empty your TEMP folder.  To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter.

3.Disable your Antivirus software.

4.Disable UAC for W8 and W7.

5.Install 3ds Max and Revit.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
thibault.gossuin
in reply to: avto

It finally worked ! Thanks !
One more thing. Is it possible to change the language to French once the programs are installed ?

Message 4 of 8
beauty4me
in reply to: avto

Same problem with my 3DS Max Educational License. New installation and disabling Antivirus + UAC don't work, any other idea how to fix this?

Message 5 of 8
mck90
in reply to: thibault.gossuin

I had the same problem with 3dsmax design....searching in the web I've found a solution easier: I'm Italian, the message was "file not found : C:/Program Files/Common Files/Autodesk Shared/Adlm/R7/en-US/Webdepot/RTBeginReg.html" so in the folder R7 I have a folder named it-IT and not en-US, I renamed the folder it-IT in en-US and it works.

Message 6 of 8
AnxheloKreçi
in reply to: mck90

GRAAANDEEE ha funzionato anche sul mio...ma si può avere sti problemi con un programma da 3'900€?!?

Message 7 of 8
Nicholin
in reply to: mck90

mck90 escribió:

I had the same problem with 3dsmax design....searching in the web I've found a solution easier: I'm Italian, the message was "file not found : C:/Program Files/Common Files/Autodesk Shared/Adlm/R7/en-US/Webdepot/RTBeginReg.html" so in the folder R7 I have a folder named it-IT and not en-US, I renamed the folder it-IT in en-US and it works.

gracias MCK90, funciona tambien para la version en español (carpeta es-Es). Saludos

Message 8 of 8
User0180
in reply to: Nicholin

Thank's. It works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report