I am trying to deploy Autodesk Inventor 2010 14.3.55100 through SCCM. I am facing two issues.
1. With the command line "AdminImage\Setup.exe /W /I /qb Autodesk_Inventor2010\AdminImage\Autodesk Inventor 2010.ini /language en-us", the installation goes with no progress bar. Since the installation takes too much time, user's are not able to understand if the installation is going on or not. Is there any switch which can show progress of the installation but user should not be able to click on cancel the installation by clicking on cancel button.
2. After installation completes, when user opens Inventor, it throughs a msg "Inventor.exe needs to reregister with the operating system and the following (Explorer) are running and may prevent registration from successfully completing. Autodesk recomends terminating the offending processes to ensure proper registration. Terminate these processes before continuing with the registration?" Yes/No/Cancel
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this msg.
1. Removing silent mode install would be one way to get a progress bar, yet the user would still be able to have additional controls that would not normally be present in silent mode. But for the most part, this is okay. Just instruct your users to install with the preselected defaults created during the deployment. Most engineers can follow directions, believe it or not.
2. Make sure that the installation is made with local admin rights. Might also ensure that the prereqs are met before install. If the registration needs to kill explorer.exe to finish, then it should only perform it once, register, and relaunch explorer. Annoying, but it shouldn't be a reoccuring issue.
Thank you for your reply.
1. Instructing user for the same is not convenient in our environment. Instead, we have inserted a msgbox at the end of the silent installation to tell user that installation is completed, manual reboot required.
2. In test environment, the re-registration error occurred only once. After reboot, the error was not repeated. Lets see what customer says in their pilot test.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.