Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 (64bit) Installation Failure - Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kmelikov
4486 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 (64bit) Installation Failure - Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

I've been fighting with Inventor for two days now.

I downloaded the student version from the Autodesk servers. I choose to install Inventor and the content libraries. The installation halts while installing Inventor itself (about 1/4 of the way). The Inventor installation progress bar almost reaches the end, and stays there for a very long time. I've had to cancel the installation several times, do complete removal of Autodesk software, redownload, reinstall, with the same results.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
crowley
in reply to: kmelikov

we're having the exact same issue! any help on this would be much appreciated. Ours freezes slightly after this, at the installation of the Language pack.

Have tried:
Disabling all but core services required (Clean boot)

Installing locally (no proxy)

Running as admin

Installing Inventor solely

Uninstalling lang pack manually (command line) incase of conflict from previous install.

Eventlog has no useful info, has no knowledge of a failed/hanging install.

Have installed on a personal notebook that has never been on the company domain and the install worked fine. Although have attempted to install on a local account prior, and still no joy so i doubt it's network-related. I suspect a conflict somewhere, although finding it has proved troublesome. Any help on this would be great.

Message 3 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: kmelikov

kmelikov + crowley,

Hello. It is hard to say what is going on. Freezing on install with no message is tough. There are some things to try.

Try to UNINSTALL the program using this tool:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall\

If you can uninstall and install, great.

Next, try the following:

-Uninstall NET

-Uninstall C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010

-Turn off Antivirus

-Open Task manager and kill any Antivirus processes running

-Run an install

Past this, you could check your Windows Event Viewer and see if anything sticks out.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
crowley
in reply to: dembkod

dembkod thanks for the troubleshooting tips! i tried all of these to no success. Eventually I found a work-a-round that worked for me.

I ran the Autodesk Design Suite Setup.exe

Allowed the installation to install Inventor, begin the Language Pack install and freeze.
I then killed the installation process in Task Manager (Inventor.exe)

This left Inventor installed, but the language pack partially installed.
I then used the http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall microsoft Fix-It to remove the language pack partial install.

Once i did this, i could then install the language pack manually from 'J:\x64\en-us\Inventor\InventorLP.exe'

With Inventor and the LP now installed I then clicked to open Inventor, to which i was met with a re-registration prompt of the exe requiring me to terminate processes before the exe could be registered. Even though, i followed this it wouldnt allow the program to run.

I then later discovered that in the registry under 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Inventor/Current Version' the 'Executable' value was C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\ApprenticeRegSvr.exe - I modified this to '...Inventor 2014\Bin\Inventor.exe' ..

AND AT LONG LAST IT WORKED!

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report