Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 - will not start

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tracydavis
2369 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2012 - will not start

Inventor 2012 installed from Product Design Suite Premium will not launch, hour glass will come up for a few seconds and then nothing.  Inventor is not listed in task manager.  All other products from Suite will launch with no problem.  Have done a complete uninstall/reinstall of the Design Suite from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240697, ran program from diagnose mode, following http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240817 all with the same results.  It is standalone.  Have deleted the .data file from adlm folder, still will not start.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Tracy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: tracydavis
Message 3 of 5

have you had a try as the following link?
-------------------------

Issue

When running the software,  it becomes unresponsive and freezes your computer. When you restart the computer and you try to restart AutoCAD, the splash screen starts up and then closes down with no apparent error message.

Solution

For a network version of AutoCAD,  you will need to delete the following file:

CascadeInfo.cas.

When you restart AutoCAD, it will re-create this file.  This file is located in the following directory:

Windows Vista/Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADLM

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ADLM

If you experience this issue and you have a Standalone version of AutoCAD, please refer to TS15176093

For more information on CascadeInfo.cas, please refer to TS15176093.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion kevin, but the cascadeinfo.cas file is for network licensing, and this is a standalone.  I did delete the standalone equivelant to that however, which is the .data file.

Message 5 of 5
tracydavis
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks for the link David.  Unfortunately it's not either of those problems listed in the link.  I did try to start Inventor directly from the /bin directory, with the same result and I deleted the .pit file when I did the complete reinstall, I deleted the entire adlm directory.

Tracy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report