Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 installation disk 2 "hanging'"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HarryP108
439 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2011 installation disk 2 "hanging'"

In an attempt to overcome the issue of disk 2 hanging (I haven't even got to disks 3 - 7 yet!) as suggested elsewhere on these forums I tried copying and pasting all files from the disks to a folder set up on my C drive (which took hours!).

Q1 After doing all that the "setup.exe" file would not run. Anyone know why?

Q2 When copying and pasting these files and I get the message "There is already a file with the same name in this location" do I replace the file? An example is the "x64" folder that is on more than disk. Obviously I have attempted to put all files from all 7 disks into 1 folder on my C drive - not sure that this is the right way of doing it.

Some help would be much appreciated - very frustrating!! 

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
huliang2008
in reply to: HarryP108

Q1: please make sure copy all the 7 DVDs onto the same folder. what is the error when you launch setup.exe? or not any responce?

Q2: Yes, please select replace the file when you receive that message.

I recommed you can try to create a deployment first, then install products from that deployment image.

Kevin Hu
SQA Eng
ACRD MFG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
HarryP108
in reply to: huliang2008

When I launch setup.exe there is no response.

When asked to replace files I cancelled, went back, changed the name of the file to, for example "x64 disk 3" then re- inserted it back into main folder. Would this be creating an issue?

Regards.

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report