Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
vincentvvdveen
1771 Views, 8 Replies

Internal error 2738

Hello,

I got a problem with installing AutoCAD 2012.

When i try to instal AutoCAD 2012 i get an Internal error 2738.

I did a lot of things to let it work but nother worked.

I hope you guys can help me with it because i need to do things for school with AutoCAD 2012.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: vincentvvdveen

You need to post the installation log file provided in your failure summary screen or in your %TEMP% folder.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
vincentvvdveen
in reply to: TravisNave

Here is the log

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Do you already have any other versions of AutoCAD installed?  Is your copy legal?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
vincentvvdveen

I tryed to instal autoCAD 2013 and ye it is legal i am student

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

And you downloaded it from the student site?  AutoCAD 2012 should be expired for students by now in favor of 2013.  Are you trying to install on Windows 8?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
vincentvvdveen

Yes i downloaded from the student site and i am not gonna try windows 8

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

Make sure you do not have an AutoCAD 2012 folder already in C:\Program Files\Autodesk.

Even if you get it installed, I doubt you will be able to license 2012 if you have applied for 2013.  The student program licensing is not permanent.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9

I know but i started this year and norhing worked at the moment

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report