Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Civil 3D 2013 and saving customized menus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
webbsurveying
399 Views, 4 Replies

Installing Civil 3D 2013 and saving customized menus

I tried installing CIvil 3D 2013 and there was no option to save settings as the old versions had. Any advice on how to keep all the customization that was done on 2012 on the new version? Is it just as simple as copying the support folder containing the customized menu and icons to the support folder in 2013?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
avto
in reply to: webbsurveying

Thank you for using Autodesk Discussion Groups forum.
Here is the link to the post regarding migrating custom setting in C3D 2012 (please note that for 2013 you need to C3D 2013 install path) we have on Being Civil blog.
http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/11/i-want-my-settings-back-in-civil-3d-2012.html

Here is the link to ‘How Do I Migrate Customized Files?’ section in C3d 2013 online help.
ttp://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCIO/GUID-A7B66B66-37C0-4B96-A70F-4C121B7111F3.htm,topicNumber=CIOd30e1576

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
webbsurveying
in reply to: avto

I installed 2013, used the Admigrate and the customozed menus came in just rine. Howver, some of the icons (not all) show up as question mark inside a cloud. I manually copied the icon images to the folder located in user/appdate/roaming/cg 2013/support/icon but that didn't help. SOme of the customized icons show but not others.

I seems like I remember something like this on an older version and it had something to do with memory allocation.

Is there a solution for this?

ACAD Screen Shot.png

Message 4 of 5
avto
in reply to: webbsurveying

I’m curious about teh video card and video drives you have on your system.  
Could you also try creating a new admin user account and start C3D 2013 with default settings and let us know if you still see those ‘?’ marks in place of icons.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
webbsurveying
in reply to: avto

Name             : AMD FirePro 2270 (ATI FireGL)
Manufacturer     : AMD
Chip set         : FirePro 2270 (ATI FireGL)
Memory           : 221 MB
Driver           : 8.17.0010.1091

When I check for updates, it says a newer version of the driver is available. Then I get an error message that it failed to update and make sure I have permission to write to the file.

I haven't tried logging in with a new account yet.

I can go to customize and see the icons for the buttons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report