Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Install now and Download now options - addownload.dll missing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dbass162
4751 Views, 3 Replies

Install now and Download now options - addownload.dll missing

I am trying to install 2014 3DS Max student version on a 64bit Windows 8 machine. I first tried the Install now option and the Autodesk_3ds_Max_2014_EFGJKS_Win_64bit_wi_en-US_Setup.exe file would not start because there was a missing dll file. I downloaded the missing dll file and placed it in the sysWOW64 directory on my computer. I tried again and the same thing happened but a differed dll file was missing. After going through that same process several times I finally got to a missing dll file named AdDownload.dll. I looked around online but couldn't find it anywhere so I tried the download now option. After everything finished downloading I clicked the install button and I got the same missing dll error. 

I am currently using the browser download option now but I am afraid it won't work either. Are there any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jingjing85
in reply to: dbass162

I'm also experiencing the same problem even with the trial version of 3DS Max 2014...

Message 3 of 4
dbass162
in reply to: jingjing85

I actually just did a Windows 8 refresh and that solved the problem. I have no idea what specifically it fixed but I guess there were some missing/corrupt dll files and the refresh re-installed them. 

Message 4 of 4
jingjing85
in reply to: dbass162

That's all you did? How weird! My computer is brand spanking new (got it
just like two weeks ago), so I'm finding it odd that I'm having an issue
installing and missing dll files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report