Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install applications fail, every single time, sometimes with memory dump

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
315 Views, 3 Replies

Install applications fail, every single time, sometimes with memory dump

Been looking into autodesk's product lineup, up and down, trying to install either trail versions or student versions of 3ds max, maya, softimage, motionbuilder.

Every single installer for any of these (student OR trial) I've attempted to run gives me crc errors and claims that files are corrupt and that I need a fresh copy.  Downloaded multiple times, with multiple methods (different browsers, browser method, download managers), on different computers on different networks.  Verified that the installers unpack and install on other computers, but I bring them on a hard drive to my system, and then they refuse to work.

Attemped download on a mac, from the same network, and from a different network, no dice.

Uninstalled my antivirus to try to get this thing to work, no dice.

Occasionally when attempting to run the installer, my computer even goes BSOD with a memory dump.

System is 64 bit windows 7, it's fully patched.

Ive looked around on this board, and it seems like a lot of people have encountered this, but I've seen no definitive explaination of the problem, or a solution.

So, that's very frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

bsods are usually hardware or driver related

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

So, what driver is tripping up an unpack of the setup program?   This is a fresh install of the operating system, and nothing else has been having these issues.

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP

if you look up the bsod error code it will tell you

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report