Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Error & Program doesn't start

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
M.Red
1302 Views, 9 Replies

Install Error & Program doesn't start

Starting the ident-e 'Program':

I managed to get through the process to obtain a product Key and serial number.

At the Product Registration & Activation screen

There is a prompt to enter "Request Code".  I did not recall, and could not find this in the information provided.  the "info button" returned:

The Request code is generated b y the product when you

register/activate your product.  To access the request code.

start the Product.  On the Registration-activation page, click

Activate.  The request code is displayed at the top of the page. [Close]

Although this SEEMS to be a circular reference (While in

"Registration and Activation", I would need information which

is only available after I had already started the program?)  I did

"follow the direction", clicking 'Next".  The install program appeared to then complete.

ACAD Design Suite Ultimate

AutoCad 3ds Max Design 2013

Installation Process ...

@ ~ 85% through the install (15 of 34 remaining) Error Box:

There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package3.

A program run as part of the setup did not finish as Expected.

Contact your support personnel or the Package vendor.

OK

I also attempted to consult the Autodesk Technical support, specifically contacting the automated 'bobble head" which seemed to not understand any of the phrases I entered in "Ask", returning (amongst the several un-helpful responses)  "I only understand single sentences. please rephrase ..."

After sever other attempts to find other sources of "help", I gave up and clicked on the "OK" button. When - to my surprise - the installation appeared to complete, even providing a desk top Icon to start the Program.

The final act in this dark drama is that starting the program via the Icon only provides the error message:

This Application was unable to start correctly (0c00007b).  Click OK to close

OK _________________________________________________

While I realize that life (and technology) proceed with and without my attention or understanding, I also recall using products from your company in the past (circa 1980) and having much more success in actually being able to complete the similar exercise without any trouble and being able to get reasonable technical help on other matters from both documentation (both on-line (yes - even in those dark ages) and from actual human beings.

It both saddens and irritates me to find myself unable to obtain even modest actual help from your organization

Sincerely,

Michael Red,

Displeased owner/possessor (and sadly NOT a user) of:

AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013

I HAVE (I think) however obtained a user account (M.Red) and left you an e-mail address, should anyone feel that a response to this could be helpful.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Steve_Lawn
in reply to: M.Red

Perhaps the forum is to be used as a sort of "Message in a Bottle" system.  I have found no other way to actually "CONTACT US".

I have Maya 2009 installed, and have upgraded (not really an upgrade, a new installation) of Maya 2010.  The prompt I get has nothing but a red "X" and an ok button.  Perhaps if the prompt was actually prompting I could have figured this out on my own.

Assistance via email would be fantastic.

Message 3 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: Steve_Lawn

You might try posting your installation log file. 

Also, this is a peer support forum.  Technical support is handled thru your Value Added Reseller. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 10
Steve_Lawn

Thanks for the reply. 

I am ready to do whatever it takes to complete this installation and activation.  I just needed a place to start.

Where can I find the installation log file, and what will the filename be?

Message 5 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: Steve_Lawn

The log file is in your %TEMP% folder and will be named the same as your product.  It is also available by link when the installation fails. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 10
M.Red

So, perhaps this is what was bsing asked fr?  A brief scan shows some "PDB" reference appears to be not resolved in the normal process, but some substuition made.  Then, some reference to

'UiViewModels' is 'd:\stage\BF_3dsmax_camtlp3dsmx04_SimCity_Build\devel\3dswin\src\x64\exe\bin\assemblies\UiViewModels.dll'

which says it is NOT resolved!!

Probably because "D"\"is the system back up drive / partition and should NOT be used by any app.

Still, this does not actually help me  It APPEARS that I cannot re-install the program from the source media.  Is it possible that AutoDesk intends uses utillize the windows uninstall utility to remove this installation?  What effect would that have on the existing product ket & serial numbers (already obtained)?

Further woes, some previously installed programs (which were working) now also fail to start, but these generally do not even give the error message, so, not only do I NOT have ther program which I wanted to add to this machine, but am also bfret of other application(s).

Thanks for and further assistance / advice which you may provide.

Michael Red

Message 7 of 10
M.Red
in reply to: TravisNave

Being new, I replied to myself.  Sorry for the bad protocall.  I do still need 'some' help, the additional info is there.

Message 8 of 10
M.Red
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, but where would I find this? A search of the AutoDesk folder finds no such file. Sincerely, Michael Red
Message 9 of 10
M.Red

much to do about more or less nothing.  I attempted to fimd soloution(s) else where.  Mostly, the advice was to uninstall and reinstall.  MS Uninstall Programs also failedto uninstall).  MS help has a utility to uninstall the uninstallable (strange approach, but it actually seems to have done what it claimed!).

Tried ro reinstall (different USB port).  Similar (not identical results).  Actually seems to have attempted fewer installations, as this itteration yielded " ... 15 of 34 remaiining ... ", so seems  like two fewer things were attempted for the installation.  Also, there was no prompt for some code.  Also, this time there was a diffderent message box saying the install failed  (AutoDesk 3ds Max desig 2013 Faile installation Aborted, Result 1603, and the installation "splash screen" shows ALL of hte components with red "X"s to the left.  Two of them also have 'See install log' links (both go to the same place).  This is a fairly brief listing, mostly saying this or that component install sucessfully.  The remainder here:

2013/1/22:13:00:51 Michael MICHAELRED Installing Autodesk® 3ds Max Design 2013:  TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI3198.tmp\x64\max\3dsMaxDesign2013-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="K:\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2013\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2013/1/22:13:11:21 Michael MICHAELRED Install Autodesk® 3ds Max Design 2013 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

2013/1/22:13:13:12 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback 3dsMax Composite 2013 Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:13:32 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk Material Library 2013 - Medium Resolution Library Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:13:38 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk® Alias® Design 2013 Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:14:46 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk® DirectConnect 2013 Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:15:43 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk® Alias®  2013 Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:15:43 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk Cloud sync Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1603 2013/1/22:13:15:53 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback AutoCAD® 2013 Product Specific Pack Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:16:18 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback AutoCAD® 2013 Language Pack Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:18:01 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback AutoCAD® 2013 Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:18:06 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk Content Service Language Pack Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:18:15 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk Content Service Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:18:46 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk Material Library 2013 - Low Resolution Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:19:26 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk Material Library 2013 Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:19:29 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback FaroSDK Succeeded  2013/1/22:13:19:29 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback DirectX Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619 2013/1/22:13:19:47 Michael MICHAELRED Rollback Autodesk® Design Review 2013 Succeeded 

I do not know if the "Result 1603" thing is a variation of the Windows installer error 1603, but strongly suspect so.  Ca anyone confirm / deny this?

Thanks for an y help / advice.

Michael Red

Message 10 of 10
TravisNave

Yes, it is the same MSI 1603, which yields basically no information on to the reason for the failure.  This makes it very difficult to ascertain the cause of the problem.  Smiley Frustrated

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report