Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDS 2014 - AutoCAD programs not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
LisaDrago
548 Views, 5 Replies

IDS 2014 - AutoCAD programs not working

I am working with a client that they installed IDS 2014 and anything connected to AutoCAD is not working.

Anyone experiencing this? The user interface is not working at all. It keeps crashing and getting Unhandled Exceptions.

We have clean un-installed and reinstalled - it works for a little bit then does not work.

I do have a case open with Autodesk - but so far not much progress.

Any thoughts? I am at my clients off tonight until this gets fixed.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: LisaDrago

Without knowing anything about the hardware they are running on, all I can do is speculate.  Typically, I would think things like .NET Framework issues.  But I've also seen weirdness on newer Dell laptops that have onboard video and nVidia cards both.  Get us all the info you can and possibly the crash error and we'll see what comes up.  🙂

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: TravisNave

These are very high end laptops from dell - they just got last week. It does have the two graphics cards. The .net is good. They 4 laptops with this issue - all brand new.
Autodesk tech is in control of the laptop right now trying to figure it out.
It has to do with all the AutoCAD programs installed.
We can reset AutoCAD and it will work for one session, close it down, reopen and it won't work.

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Yeah, if is the same class as our training labs, (i.e. Dell M4700) then you need to go into the BIOS and disable Optimus for the video.  That will eliminate that onboard video.  Then go to nVidia.com and download the latest WHQL video driver as a clean install.

That worked for us.  Hope it does for your customer too!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: TravisNave

After a few hours last night - we have it narrowed down to a registry key that is the problem.

We can reset AutoCAD and have it work perfect once. When we close and reopen it the UI does not work and it crashes.

If we delete a specific registry key (please don't ask which one, I can't remember right now but can find out) - it will work.

So every time before they start AutoCAD or C3D they have to reset the registry.  This is a short term fix.

Adesk has not seen this issue before - so they were a bit stumped but worked hard to narrow it down and get a workaround.

LD

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Make that key read only. It'll bandaid it for now.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report