Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can´t download/install student version Autocad 2015

62 REPLIES 62
SOLVED
Message 1 of 63
Carlsala
56676 Views, 62 Replies

I can´t download/install student version Autocad 2015

Hello. This is my first post.  Sorry for my English language because my native language is Spanish . I am a student and I have Windows 7 64 bit and pre- install the free trial Autocad 2014 a month ago. I´ve registered for the upgrade student version Autocad 2015 and I´ve downloaded the file Autocad 2015 and when trying to install autocad said that had a communication failure . After re-download autocad 2015 on many times of the ways "Download now" and "Install now" , still not working. I have done next steps to try to solve the problem : I used a program to uninstall the free trial autocad 2014 (Advance unistaller) , I removed temp files, I have disabled security programs , I have removed the Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable x86 files, Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable x64 files. I have now downloaded version student Autocad 2015 Spanish 64 bit by "Browser download" but when I tried to install it, tells me it is 32 bit ( in the Autodesk servers , student version Autocad 64 bit in Spanish is not 64 bit but 32 bit. There is no upgrade student Autocad 2015 64 bit in Spanish language . I can download student version Autocad 2015 in English but yet I haven´t a very high level in english language) . I have now downloaded the student version Autocad 2014 download by "Browser download" . Do you have any advice to download and instal Autocad 2015 student version? Thanks

62 REPLIES 62
Message 2 of 63

Hi, I have the same problem with student version of REVIT 2015. communication error....see attachment printscreen. Anybody know whats happening here?

I do know that my C drive is very full, but i was hoping to do a custom install and locate it on my F drive but I cant even get that far  !!!  so frustrating

Message 3 of 63
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Carlsala

Hi jamesa13, welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download AutoCAD 2015 (Spanish, 64-bit) from the link below. You will then be able to activate it using the serial number obtained from the Education Community:

AutoCAD 2015 Spanish 64-bit

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

P.S: jamesa13, I've replied to your other thread on the same topic.

Camilo Lemos

Message 4 of 63
Varkhan
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem with the French (and English, for what it's worth) version.

I'm running Windows 8 64, and I've disabled the Firewall and the Antivirus, to no avail.

Could you please provide me with a direct link as well ?

Thanks in advance

G.

Message 5 of 63
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Varkhan

Hi Varkhan, welcome to our community!

Here's a direct link for AutoCAD 2015 64-bit French:

AutoCAD 2015 64-bit French

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 6 of 63
Carlsala

Hello. Sorry for taking so long to reply but I've been very busy with exams. Thanks for the help and advice of Varkhan Camilo Lemos. Finally I could install Autocad 2015 in Spanish. I had to use an uninstaller software because when you uninstall autocad 2014 remained some files in my computer. Even I had to remove some folders manually in the following directories. C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ Autodesk; C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Autodesk. When I got to remove all files in the trial version, so I could download Autodesk Download Manager and I chose the option Install Now run good. But I have a question. I know I must activate Autocad 2015 but cannot find a window where write  Autocad 2015 activation code that sent me tp my email. Any advice?. Thanks

Message 7 of 63
tacrivera

Hi, I also have the same problem trying to download AutoCAD 2015 64-bit (ENGLISH) with a Student License. Install Now and Browser Download aren't available in my country according to an error prompt. I have downloaded the Autodesk Download Manager and used both Chrome and Firefox to try and download the software but as soon as I open through the Download Manager, an error "Connection has expired. Please reconnect to site." prompts. I have disabled my firewall as well. Hoping for your expedient reply as I need to be able to download this as soon as possible to meet academic deadlines. Thank you.

Message 8 of 63
camilo.lemos
in reply to: tacrivera

Hi tacrivera,

Please make sure your Windows Firewall is also off and that all anti-virus programs are fully disabled during the download, then download the program from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 63
tacrivera

Thank you so much for your assistance, camilo.lemos. I was able to install AutoCAD 2015 successfully.
Message 10 of 63
babyjy

Hello!

I am a university student. I cannot download AutoCAD (English) 2014 because it says location error. I am in Malaysia. I have previously successfully downloaded AutoCAD student version before. However, ever since I reformatted my computer, I am unable to re-download my AutoCAD.

Also, I have tried disabling my firewall and antivirus. But it doesn't work.

Please help! Thank you! I have attached the error message 🙂

Thank you!

Jessica

Message 11 of 63
camilo.lemos
in reply to: babyjy

Hi Jessica, welcome to the Autodesk Community! We're glad to have you here:)

Have you tried downloading from the Virtual Agent? I see it open in a tab on the image you attached to your message. I assume you were trying to download by clicking on "I'm a Student/Mentor", is that correct?

Could you try downloading from the Virtual Agent by clicking on "Download Links" instead?

Please, give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Camilo Lemos

Message 12 of 63
jessica_ycsp

Thanks for your help, Camilo! It worked for me 🙂

Message 13 of 63
miagrant1977

Hello,

I am currently downloading the free trial of AutoCad for Mac 2014 and after it expires in 30 days, I'd like to upgrade to the student version for my uni projects. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Message 14 of 63
Zi.k

Hi.I have got the same issue with Revit 2015 English. I have disabled the firewall as well as the anti virus. It starts installing then stops and then says that the products failed to install. Is there anything I can do to solve the problem?

Message 15 of 63
Zi.k

I have also dowloaded the link from the virtual agent and once I open the file and confirm the file selection a window saying : Error file corrupted pops up. Can you please help ?

Message 16 of 63
jessica.t
in reply to: miagrant1977

Hi @miagrant1977 and welcome to the community!

There is no upgrade process to obtain a free educational license from Autodesk. All you need to do is register for the Education Community and request a free three-year license. If you have any further questions please let me know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 17 of 63
jessica.t
in reply to: Zi.k

Hi @Zi.k,

Thanks for the details on the installation issue that you're experiencing. To take a deeper dive into what is exactly causing the error, please attach a copy of your installation log file. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 18 of 63
Zi.k
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi  

I have only just managed to install it ! Turned out I had to uninstall all the files from the failed attempt and restart the installation again.

Thank you for your attention and help !

Message 19 of 63
jessica.t
in reply to: Zi.k

You're welcome, @Zi.k!

Glad to see you got everything figured out and thanks for the follow up! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 20 of 63
maurizio63

Hello everyone, I have problem in downloading AUTOCAD 2015 as well, although I don't have any error message.

When I launch the download, it looks like to start smoothly, but looking the size of the files it is downloading you may see something strange, infact the size is 160mb ... whereas I know that AUTOCAD 2015 weighs much more than that, when the download finishes an autodesk window shows what has been downloaded: NETWORK LICENSE MANAGER, AUTODESK CAD MANAGER TOOLS and AUTODESK CONTENT SERVICE, actually these should be additional softwares to AUTOCAD 2015 and if I am not wrong they are useful on network and not for personal computer.

So I ask for some help because I don't know what to do... I don't think it is right to install the tre software written above because I'm not part of a network but simply I want to have AUTOCAD 2015 in my laptop for practicing.

P.S.: obviously I had turned off all the antivirus and firewall, and changed the user account setting before the download.

THANKS A LOT TO EVERY ONE.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report