Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a license file for a single network server

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Cadenas
725 Views, 7 Replies

How to get a license file for a single network server

Hello,

in the past (before this new site was deployed) we got license file by request from the support. Now nobody seems to be able to provide me such a license file. What to do now to get a new license file for 2015 (Inventor, Autocad) ?

regards

Markus

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Cadenas

You want to add a new license?
Message 3 of 8
Cadenas
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

we have a license file with many entries and we have to add the 2015 product line to start working with them. In the past there was a "incremental" file which was send by "Autodesk Customer Support <customersupport@autodesk.com> " and inserted in our server file ..

Markus

Message 4 of 8
t_gaisf

Hi,

In this case the you should open a case on our website/contact our licence assistance team for direct support. Please attach the old licence file and confirm the server details. 

Franz Gaisbauer

Message 5 of 8
dembkod

Cadenas

Hello. You can request a file by logging into www.autodesk.com/register

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 6 of 8
Cadenas
in reply to: dembkod

Hello,

yes but this won´t help because we have to enter the activation code there. At the time i start the local software i already get the information that there is no valid license on the server. I guess the mentioned page is only for local seat activation and not related to a central license server

Edit ...

Just saw that there are two replys to my posting .. the autodesk/register won´t work i will try the other one .. sorry

Edit ...

Use the second link also .. it always tell me this is the wrong product version when i type in the Serial number from the licensecertificate .. funny on the other page autodesdk/register this key is accepted but i can´t use it because of the local seat ..

Any idea ?

Markus

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/installation-and-licensing

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

www.licenseparser.com > This will break down your current license file into plain english and you will find the serial number there.

You should download the lastest server tools here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-...

That should get you what you need.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
Cadenas

Hello,

Problem is solved so far. The issue here is that we are ADN Member and so some stuff is on the ADN Page and some in the community portal. This lead to the overall confusion.

thx for support

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report