Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! I messed up the installation path and now I'm stumped

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BravenDirk
357 Views, 2 Replies

Help!!! I messed up the installation path and now I'm stumped

Long story short, I am an Engineering Student. I attempted to initially install Auto Cad to an external hard drive which was named (H:) drive. The install worked but I no longer have the external hard drive and am now trying re-install the software onto my (C:) Drive from the Auto Desk website. Everytime I try to re-install the program, the installation window tells me "invalid (H:) drive. I am not able to change the installation path as it is blanked out "not clickable". I have tried any and all solutions I could find and nothing works. 

List of things I have tried:

-Complete Uninstall, and re install from website. Continues to use the Non existent (H:) drive which produces ERROR 1327 as usual.

-Checked registry to see if anything was out of the ordinary in my (User shell) and others. I found nothing to be out of order.  

-Changed DOS manager to subsitute (H:) Drive to (C:) Drive, then attempted a re-install with no success.

- Manual download, once I click "setup" the installation window pops up and says "invalid (H:) Drive 

I've been trying to get this to work for months now. the last thing I wanted to do was bother anyone. I seem to be out of ideas. 

If anyone has any other ideas I would really appreciate it ! 

I will add screen shots to help.

( at the time I had taken these Screen Captures, I had manually installed the program on my computer and was trying to register the software. I get the identical window when I try to re-install the program from the website as well.) 

I need to know how to change or disable the Installer from trying to use the "Non Existent"  (H:) Drive as my Installation path 

Thank you for your help !

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: BravenDirk

Did you try the Autodesk clean uninstall process?  Also yank the registry settings too.  The reinstall. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
JGauck
in reply to: TravisNave

What's the easiest way to "yank" it from the registry, if you don't mind me asking? I have tried to but the only thing I seem to be able to do is delete them all...one..by..one..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report