Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Found A Way To Disable The Cancel Button?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dj_xest
486 Views, 2 Replies

Has Anyone Found A Way To Disable The Cancel Button?

Has anyone found a way to disable the cancel button using the setup.exe in AutoCAD 2014? I am using this command,

Setup.exe /W /qb /I Img\Setup.ini /language it-IT and has changed some things inside the INI but could not find it to work.

I don't want to go back with the previous setup that I have done in the past with AutoCAD 2013, whereas I had to install each MSI's one by one via separate scripts just to have the disable cancel button using /qb!. This time, I want to have 1 point of entry for changes which I believe is easier to maintain and spot issues and do changes as minimal as possible to the original installer.

On the other hand, I am quiet happy with how Autodesk managed to create a tool for deployment. I hope that in the future versions, there would also be a space for this wish list (disable cancel button with basic UI) which I believe is very applicable to every enterprise out there.

A good example is Office Customisation Tool (OCT) of Microsoft Office where you can add, delete files and folders as well as control the shortcuts, and many more.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: dj_xest

This is a tough question, I was talking to a developer and the suggestion is to try following 2 flags:

/qr

/qn

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
dj_xest
in reply to: dj_xest

Hello,

Thanks for looking into this.. but it does not work. It will still show a full GUI mode and you have to click for it to continue.

I am thinking that the cancel button can be controlled somewhere in these 3 DLL files thru function.

..\Img\Setup\

SetupAcadUi.dll

SetupCtrls.dll

SetupUi.dll

If someone can take a look into that, it would be great..

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report