Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got 2 network licenses, only one works?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
180 Views, 3 Replies

Got 2 network licenses, only one works?

Got Cad overlay and LDD 2004 installed on a bunch of computers with one license each on the server. Everything works just fine. I have 2 LDD R3 licenses, but only one LDD R3 can run at a time. What could be wrong? -------------------------- Dave Lewis CAD Manager http://www.cadthinking.com Just say no to HTML Posts!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dave, First try running a server status using LMtools. Look for feature 40200ACDLAND_3_0F and see how many seats your license manager thinks you have. Keep in mind that you can only have one INCREMENT per feature number in your license file. If two exist then only the last one generated will authenticate, they will not be additive. So each increment must reflect the full seat count for a given feature. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting Services "Dave Lewis" wrote in message news:vmu150dlujuqs6uqcfs4qjmjgv5l5h0pbl@4ax.com... > Got Cad overlay and LDD 2004 installed on a bunch of computers with > one license each on the server. Everything works just fine. > I have 2 LDD R3 licenses, but only one LDD R3 can run at a time. > What could be wrong? > -------------------------- > Dave Lewis > CAD Manager > http://www.cadthinking.com > > Just say no to HTML Posts!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

OK I don't understand this then I have 2 serials of LDD R3, but it says I only have 1. I have 2 serials of civil design and it says I have 2. So whats the deal? ADLM Feature usage info: Users of 40200ACDLAND_3_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 1 license in use) "40200ACDLAND_3_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex floating license XXXXXXXXXXX USER XXXXX (v1.000) (DELL_SERVER_3/27000 105), start Mon 3/15 13:07 Users of 40500A-CIVDES_3_0F: (Total of 2 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use) Users of 40700CADOV_2002_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use) from .lic file INCREMENT 40200ACDLAND_3_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ INCREMENT 40200ACDLAND_3_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ INCREMENT 40500A-CIVDES_3_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ INCREMENT 40500A-CIVDES_3_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ INCREMENT 40700CADOV_2002_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ "jerry milana" |>Dave, |> |>First try running a server status using LMtools. Look for feature |>40200ACDLAND_3_0F and see how many seats your license manager thinks you |>have. Keep in mind that you can only have one INCREMENT per feature number |>in your license file. If two exist then only the last one generated will |>authenticate, they will not be additive. So each increment must reflect the |>full seat count for a given feature. -------------------------- Dave Lewis CAD Manager http://www.cadthinking.com Just say no to HTML Posts!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Dave, In your license file, you show that you have two Increment line items for both ACDLAND and A-CIVDES, both for one seat each. Each of those lines in your license file will have an "ISSUED=" date. For like features (e.g. ACDLAND), if the Issued date is different, only last one generated will authenticate. However, if the date is the same, then the seats will be added together. Based on the problem you outline, it sounds like your two ACDLAND lines have a different ISSUED date and the two A-CIVDES have the same ISSUED date - at least that would explain the behavior. If that is the case, you simply need to contact your reseller or Autodesk customer service to have the two ACDLAND licenses re-issued on the same date so the seats will be added together. Regards, Greg Suppes "Dave Lewis" wrote in message news:tm7c50dtiu4m7pbbac7n0sif8n6hbppkj3@4ax.com... > OK I don't understand this then > > I have 2 serials of LDD R3, but it says I only have 1. > I have 2 serials of civil design and it says I have 2. > > So whats the deal? > > > ADLM > Feature usage info: > > Users of 40200ACDLAND_3_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 1 license in use) > > "40200ACDLAND_3_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex > floating license > > XXXXXXXXXXX USER XXXXX (v1.000) (DELL_SERVER_3/27000 105), start Mon 3/15 13:07 > > Users of 40500A-CIVDES_3_0F: (Total of 2 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use) > > Users of 40700CADOV_2002_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use) > > > > from .lic file > > INCREMENT 40200ACDLAND_3_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ > > INCREMENT 40200ACDLAND_3_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ > > INCREMENT 40500A-CIVDES_3_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ > > INCREMENT 40500A-CIVDES_3_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ > > INCREMENT 40700CADOV_2002_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \ > > > > "jerry milana" > |>Dave, > |> > |>First try running a server status using LMtools. Look for feature > |>40200ACDLAND_3_0F and see how many seats your license manager thinks you > |>have. Keep in mind that you can only have one INCREMENT per feature number > |>in your license file. If two exist then only the last one generated will > |>authenticate, they will not be additive. So each increment must reflect the > |>full seat count for a given feature. > > -------------------------- > Dave Lewis > CAD Manager > http://www.cadthinking.com > > Just say no to HTML Posts!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report