Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM License Server transfer

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
666 Views, 6 Replies

FlexLM License Server transfer

Hi ... Due to a hardware error I have to move the AIS licenses to a new(er) server. I've installed FlexLM on the new server and obtained a new license file. My question is: Can I / how do I change licenses from one server to another without the users noticing it? Peer Hoffmann CAD/CAM System Manager Ambu A/S
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think you can for the AutoCAD side Peer. If you installed Inventor from the cd and told it that it was a network version it might not have a glitch, so that might be good news. But just look forward to a late night. "Peer Hoffmann" <'Boy was I getting Spammed'ph@ambu.com> wrote in message news:411b25b2$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi ... > Due to a hardware error I have to move the AIS licenses to a new(er) server. > I've installed FlexLM on the new server and obtained a new license file. > My question is: Can I / how do I change licenses from one server to another > without the users noticing it? > > Peer Hoffmann > CAD/CAM System Manager > Ambu A/S > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Isn't it so that MDT/Acad as well as Inventor just looks for the network license and then comes up with a dialog box saying 'Specify license server or license file' and if you tell the server name all is fine? "Donovan Cox" wrote in message news:411b65a5$3_1@newsprd01... > I don't think you can for the AutoCAD side Peer. If you installed Inventor > from the cd and told it that it was a network version it might not have a > glitch, so that might be good news. > But just look forward to a late night.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

, I know any Mdt/Acad will. I've never moved a network install of Inventor so I'm not so sure of that. My thought is because inventor doesn't need you to specify a license server if you install it from the disk, you'll be okay. If you installed it though a network image you may have to tell it where the new server is. "Peer Hoffmann" <'Boy was I getting Spammed'ph@ambu.com> wrote in message news:411b77d0$1_2@newsprd01... > Isn't it so that MDT/Acad as well as Inventor just looks for the network > license and then comes up with a dialog box saying 'Specify license server > or license file' and if you tell the server name all is fine? > > > "Donovan Cox" wrote in message > news:411b65a5$3_1@newsprd01... > > I don't think you can for the AutoCAD side Peer. If you installed Inventor > > from the cd and told it that it was a network version it might not have a > > glitch, so that might be good news. > > But just look forward to a late night. > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

OK-now I've shut down the old server and checked the 'Force Server Shutdown' because there are borrowed licenses. From the Debug.log file: ********* 9:56:18 (lmgrd) Cannot lmdown the server when licenses are borrowed (-120,567) ********* What does this mean - can't we repair the old server yet? Peer
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

You may have to force the licenses to be checked in. Then shut it down "Peer Hoffmann" <'Boy was I getting Spammed'ph@ambu.com> wrote in message news:411c7730_1@newsprd01... > OK-now I've shut down the old server and checked the 'Force Server Shutdown' > because there are borrowed licenses. > > From the Debug.log file: > ********* > 9:56:18 (lmgrd) Cannot lmdown the server when licenses are borrowed > (-120,567) > ********* > > What does this mean - can't we repair the old server yet? > > Peer > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Peer, the problem is that you first clicked stop server and only then checked "Force Server Shutdown" so, now you need to restart your server, check that check box and then click stop server. Hope this helps, Efim "Peer Hoffmann" <'Boy was I getting Spammed'ph@ambu.com> wrote in message news:411c7730_1@newsprd01... > OK-now I've shut down the old server and checked the 'Force Server Shutdown' > because there are borrowed licenses. > > From the Debug.log file: > ********* > 9:56:18 (lmgrd) Cannot lmdown the server when licenses are borrowed > (-120,567) > ********* > > What does this mean - can't we repair the old server yet? > > Peer > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report