Installation & Licensing

Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (73 Views)

Fatal Error....

73 Views, 4 Replies
10-25-2002 01:25 AM
Hi!

I'm getting an error on a computer that is trying to get a license from the server

FATAL ERROR: Security system (hardware lock or network license) is not functioning or is improperly installed.

The autocad server is ok, i tried from other pc's and all got the license. I ping the server from the pc and it's ok.
The server is Autocad2000 and the pc is Win95 (i know it's old), i don't think the win95 is the problem because i used Autocad on another pc with win95 and it worked just fine.

What can i do?

Thanks
Contributor Cy
Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (73 Views)

Re: Fatal Error....

10-25-2002 02:11 AM in reply to: jduran3
It's easy enough to find the system requirements for any product on http://www.autodesk.com. Just look at the product info page.

In this case, AutoCAD 2000 is supported only on Win2K Pro, Win98, ME, or NT 4 SP5, on a Pentium II 450 MHz with 128MB RAM. I'm afraid your Win95 machine is probably quite a bit below those specs.

In other words, even if you got the license, you'd be disappointed with the results...

--Cy--

autodesk
Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (73 Views)

Re:

10-25-2002 02:39 AM in reply to: jduran3
We are going to migrate all the pc's to Win2k in november, but in the meantime they're working with Win95 and Autocad 2000, and they are running fine.

Ignoring the requirements, what do you think is the problem?
Contributor Cy
Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (73 Views)

Re:

10-25-2002 07:52 AM in reply to: jduran3
Win95 may be the problem of the fatal error, I'm afraid. Consider: Windows 1995, then AutoCAD 2000 released four or five years later.

--Cy--

autodesk
*milana, jerry
Message 5 of 5 (73 Views)

Re:

10-25-2002 08:07 AM in reply to: jduran3
Check your log file, it may tell you why.  Try
to start from the problem computer then look at your AdLM log file.  If
your workstation is getting to the server at all there should be an error
describing the license denial.  By the way, the most common reason why only
one system does not work is that the date on the problem system is set
incorrectly.

jerry milana

Autodesk Product Support

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
We
are going to migrate all the pc's to Win2k in november, but in the meantime
they're working with Win95 and Autocad 2000, and they are running fine.

Ignoring the requirements, what do you think is the
problem?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube