Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
jduran3
357 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal Error....

Hi!

I'm getting an error on a computer that is trying to get a license from the server

FATAL ERROR: Security system (hardware lock or network license) is not functioning or is improperly installed.

The autocad server is ok, i tried from other pc's and all got the license. I ping the server from the pc and it's ok.
The server is Autocad2000 and the pc is Win95 (i know it's old), i don't think the win95 is the problem because i used Autocad on another pc with win95 and it worked just fine.

What can i do?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cy
in reply to: jduran3

It's easy enough to find the system requirements for any product on http://www.autodesk.com. Just look at the product info page.

In this case, AutoCAD 2000 is supported only on Win2K Pro, Win98, ME, or NT 4 SP5, on a Pentium II 450 MHz with 128MB RAM. I'm afraid your Win95 machine is probably quite a bit below those specs.

In other words, even if you got the license, you'd be disappointed with the results...

--Cy--

autodesk
Message 3 of 5
jduran3

We are going to migrate all the pc's to Win2k in november, but in the meantime they're working with Win95 and Autocad 2000, and they are running fine.

Ignoring the requirements, what do you think is the problem?
Message 4 of 5
Cy

Win95 may be the problem of the fatal error, I'm afraid. Consider: Windows 1995, then AutoCAD 2000 released four or five years later.

--Cy--

autodesk
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Check your log file, it may tell you why.  Try
to start from the problem computer then look at your AdLM log file.  If
your workstation is getting to the server at all there should be an error
describing the license denial.  By the way, the most common reason why only
one system does not work is that the date on the problem system is set
incorrectly.

jerry milana

Autodesk Product Support

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
We
are going to migrate all the pc's to Win2k in november, but in the meantime
they're working with Win95 and Autocad 2000, and they are running fine.

Ignoring the requirements, what do you think is the
problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report