Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed installing Inventor 2014 trail version. Error inventor.msi

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rosurfing
2523 Views, 4 Replies

Failed installing Inventor 2014 trail version. Error inventor.msi

Downloaded Free Trail from Autodesk.com

While installing an error message appears, ref attachment:

The system cannot open the device or file specified.

D:\Temp_AID4CC.tmp\x86\inventor\inventor.msi

The file "inventor.msi" is in the specified folder but for some reason the installer cannot open this file. 

I'm using Windows 7 on a 64 bit system.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Rosurfing

Welcome to the peer forums.

This is due to your antivirus program. 

See this KB article:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889889&linkID=9240697

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Rosurfing
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your reply, Travis.

You may be right about the antivirus program. I have Trend installed. It's a company PC and they don't allow to disable or uninstall the virus scanner. It's PW protected so not accessible for me.

The second option, Setting Environment Variables to a different folder doesn's solve the problem either. I get the same error.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Unless you can disabled it in the services.msc, you will likely have to get IT to disable it for you during the install.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Rosurfing

Ok wil ask IT for help. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report