Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired / Expiring Home Use License (HULA)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
zalant
2847 Views, 6 Replies

Expired / Expiring Home Use License (HULA)

If you find that your Home Use License (HULA) companion serial number has expired or is about to expire, information on extending the time on it can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13845691

Zac Travis
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tflanagan
in reply to: zalant

First, this home use license was just activated in 6/2010 so I don't understand why the employee is getting a notice that the license is about to expire after so short a time. Second, she has followed the instruction for activation and gets the message that the maxiumum number of installations has been reached. Does she have to wait until the license actually expires before re-activating?

We need to confirm that the home use license associated with the network license, and the home use license associated with the stand alone version are not be treated as one-and-the same.

Message 3 of 7
zalant

For issues concerning Home Use companion serial numbers, your best bet is to contact the Autodesk Business Center (ABC).  Their phone number is 1(800)538-6401.  They can access the information associated with the companion serial number, and can also instruct you on how to request an extension of time for that serial number.

With regard to your second concern about standalone vs. network licenses, the Home Use License Agreement (HULA) only pertains to network-licensed products.  Since most users don't likely have a network license server at home, and since VPN connections and other WAN technologies to connect home computers with office networks are not universally adopted, the HULA and the concept of companion serial numbers came into being. 

For any network-licensed seat of an Autoddesk product, you can request a companion serial number so that the seat may be used off-site (at home).  The companion serial number acts just like any other standalone serial number, but it has an expiration period.  Just like any other standalone serial number, it has its pre-set amount of allowed activations, after which you can expect to get the message about having exceeded that number.

When it comes to standalone-licensed serial numbers, each single seat will activate up to two times within a given time frame.  The purpose of that is so that one can be installed at work, and another on a home machine, or any other such combination (so long as the seat license is to be used by only one specific person on those two machines).

Overall, any questions about serial numbers, expiration periods, license types, activation limits, etc. should be directed to the good folks at the ABC, using the phone number listed above.

I hope that clears things up.

Zac Travis
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

We finally started using the Home Licenses last year and they have expired. I filled out the form to get the new home licenses for the 2013 Building Design Suite extended, which we are currently running and where running when we set up the home licesnse for a few folks last year. When the email with the renewed home license came form Autodesk I noticed it has a different serial and when I go to reactivate the licenses they fail and tell me they are expired, I all I can do is fill out the form under use another method and Autodesk sends me another activation code which doesn't work.  I have deleted the data and backup data file per the discussions I saw on here and Autodesk's own how to with no luck. The files just reappear when I start up one of the products and the same serial is noted. The new email shows a different serial and I feel this may be the problem. How do I have fix this so I'm not reinstalling the home software everytime this expires? 

Message 5 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Kelly!

You can prompt for an automatic reactivation by simply deleting the corresponding .data files.

Delete the following from your OS.

On Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup 

On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

On Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

Not that you would need to worry about this with the initial activation, but if the same license is used multiple times, please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + request code or contact our License Assistance Team if necessary.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for the offer to help, I ended up calling Autodesk, and we basically just had to disconnect from the internet and it worked. She did generate a new code under the new serial with the old serial's request code, but it is up and working now and I have the steps for the other ones so we are set. Thanks! 

Message 7 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Anytime and happy to hear that you're good to go!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report