Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing Autodesk Revit 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
soccerfan57165
335 Views, 1 Reply

Error when installing Autodesk Revit 2012

I recently purchased Autodesk Revit 2012 and when trying to install the program on a 32 bit machine, I receive the following error, see attached.  I have tried two separate 32 bit machines and both error out at this point.

When I install the program on a 64 bit machine, the install goes without error and the program works.

When trying to copy the data from the DVD to the hard drive then running the setup file again from the hard drive (the data copied without error to the hard drive), the install again errors out but with a different file then the in the screen shot, sorry didn't think to take one.

I believe the error is within the DVD and has corrupt files on it that are assoicated with the 32 bits installs since the 64 bit install worked just fine.

I currently do not have access to the install log, sorry guys.

Anybody have any thoughts on what to try next? Maybe request a new DVD from Autodesk or the retailer?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: soccerfan57165

I agree.  A CRC error is almost certainly a file corruption.  You should request new media or a temporary download link for this product.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report