Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Civil 3D 2012 with Windows Installer Win 7 64bits

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
giba_sjrp
1451 Views, 8 Replies

Error Civil 3D 2012 with Windows Installer Win 7 64bits

I made the migration to 3D Civil Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012, I downloaded the 64bit version and installation on a PC where Win 64bit 7 had Civil 3D 2012 installed, but before you install the suite removed the Civil 3D.
When installing the suite all programs have been added successfully, except Civil 3D, where it does not appear to run, nor the mode Imperial, Metric or as Brazil.
Since the installation remade countless times, but nothing to install Civil 3D, if the program you use most.
The only error that appears during installation is the "Windows Installer", which stops working, plus the installation is completed successfully, it is not.
Upgrades Since this program's windows, more continues to error, since disable it, but it is impossible to start the installation of the Civil because it requires Windows intall.
I'm just seeing a solution, to restore the system before you install the suite, the more that was not what I wanted.

Win 7 64Bits

16GB

Itenl Core i7 870 2.93GHz

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
alison.gangler
in reply to: giba_sjrp

Hi,

From the information you included, it looks like Windows Installer needs to be repaired. Try the steps listed in this article:

Microsoft KB Article

I hope this helps,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
giba_sjrp
in reply to: alison.gangler

Alison,

I've tried this several times, but nothing worked.

The installation is complete, but the shortcuts for Civil 3D imperial or metric or Brazil, are not installed or available.

At the exact moment that the shortcuts should be installed, "Windows Installer" to function, as shown in the picture is attached.

Thanks, Gilberto

Message 4 of 9
alison.gangler

Hi Gilberto,

In this case, I suspect that the Windows Profile for this user account might have some issues. I would create a new user account with full admin permissions and install through that account. After the install has completed, you can then again login to the original account and try to launch the application from that account. If it also still proves to have problems, then you might need to run the application from the new account.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
giba_sjrp

Alison,

The user I'm logged in has administrative privileges, I am attaching a picture for example.

You know how to run the "Acad.exe" with a particular profile, such as Civil 3D "Metric"?

Maybe this way I can create my own shortcut.

Thanks,
Gilberto

Message 6 of 9
alison.gangler

Hi Gilberto,

In answer to your question, the C3D 2012 Metric shortcut has the following properties:

Target: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_Metric>>"

Start in: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\UserDataCache\"

If you are experiencing issues with the profile, then you can run the steps to reset the user settings so that the Metric profile is set up correctly in the registry and on the drive:

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/05/add-reset-user-settings-in-civil-3d-2012.html

Please let me now if this helps!

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 9
giba_sjrp

Alison,

Unfortunately I could not make it work.
I did all the procedures that you sent and also the shortcut with the suggested path.
When you run the shortcut I get the following error message "No Profile name exists: <<C3D_Metric>> Will create profile with defoult settings.

I do not know what else to do, I am without using a Civil week.

Thanks,

Gilberto

Message 8 of 9
giba_sjrp

Resolved,

that was the Kaspersky antivirus nevertheless complete the installation.

He was off and install mode has been completed.

Thanks for the help.

Gilberto

Message 9 of 9
alison.gangler

Glad to hear that you found out what caused the behavior.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report