Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error [-15.570.0]- "A valid license could not be obtained..."

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
greenflight
7986 Views, 6 Replies

Error [-15.570.0]- "A valid license could not be obtained..."

Hi all,

I'm using Inventor 2011 on Windows 7. When I try to start Inventor, I see a dialog box informing me that "Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license server manager could not determing where to find the licensing data it needs." Upon providing the location of the license file, I receive the error "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager," with Error [-15.570.0]. I've edited the hosts file, and I've also tried the solution shown here: http://208.74.205.69/t5/Installation-Licensing/error-15-570-0/td-p/2805252. I've had no luck. Any thoughts on other potential solutions to the problem? Thanks!

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
emily.xu
in reply to: greenflight

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

For installations on Windows Vista/7 when the NLM is on Server 2008 or another Windows Vista/7 machine, then the -15 error is typically due to a connectivity error with IPv6. I have a KB on this issue in the forums.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
greenflight
in reply to: TravisNave

Hmmm. I forgot to mention that the NLM is running on a Mac OS X server. So I don't think it's an IPv6 problem. I can ping the hostname from the client and I'm returned an IPv4-formatted IP. Any other possibilities? Thanks for the replies!

Andrew

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

Are you sure you have a valid adskflex vendor file and Autodesk license service created on your Mac?  Can you do a status that shows you have available Autodesk licenses?  You're probably better off moving to a Windows Server. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
greenflight
in reply to: TravisNave

Everything should be there (it used to work just fine, and then something apparently happened that caused it to fail), unfortunately I don't have immediate access to the server to check. I'll talk to the guy who does tomorrow and see what I can find. Thanks!

Andrew

Message 7 of 7
greenflight

Just so everyone knows, I got the problem worked out. I reinstalled the NLM on a Windows 7 machine. I believe the issue involved the server host name on the Mac server expiring, but the reinstall fixed the problem without too much difficulty. Thanks for the help!

Andrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report