Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xc000007b while starting AutoCad 2013

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
charles1017
92998 Views, 71 Replies

Error 0xc000007b while starting AutoCad 2013

Hi, recently i downloaded the trial version of autocad2013 from the offical website.

but after a successful install, i cant even start my autocad2013

It shows an error 0xc000007b.

acad.exe

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I am using Windows7 Ultimate 64bit verson.

I did a little search on the net, most of the solution is install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010(x86 and x64) redistributable package and reinstall directx 9 but neither works

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance!

71 REPLIES 71
Message 2 of 72
emily.xu
in reply to: charles1017

Check if this is your probelm:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/08/revit-2013-crashes-when-devicelock-program-is-ins... 

Or, please try to start autocad under diagnostic mode, see if you can run autocad:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 72
charles1017

I didnt install devicelock program so i dont think this first link helped me

and the second link "Starting AutoCAD® in Windows® diagnostic mode", i still get a 0xc000007b error

in additon, some of the autocad product cant start too, for example the AdSync.exe which will be automactically start when windows starts

think they share the same problem

thanks,

charles

Message 4 of 72
emily.xu

Thank you very much for your update, for you got the same error under diagnostic mode starting, so it will maybe relate to your system, hardware or winodows componets,even the autocad installation, I would give you some suggestions to try:

1  Try to update your graphic card diver

2  Update your Operation system and install the latest update.

3  Try to uninstall .net framwork 4.0, and reinstall it from your installation media: \3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework

4  If above not solve your problem, try to uninstall your autocad and reinstall. Please note to close your anti-virus ans firewall, since they will affect your installation file to registered and slow down the performance.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 5 of 72
charles1017

do as you said, but still no luck

after uninstallation of .Net framework 4 and a reboot, the program still show 0xc00007b error

is this something do with embedded .net framwork in windows 7?

thanks!

Message 6 of 72
emily.xu

How about running Autocad by right-click shorcut and select Run as administrator?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 7 of 72
charles1017

same, 0xc000007b

Message 8 of 72
emily.xu

No better suggestion but remove all and try to reinstall:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 9 of 72
charles1017

no luck.... 0xc000007b.......... Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 72
emily.xu

So sorry that your problem not solved, as I search our websit and internet, seems we tried most of the possible solutions.

We tried to uninstall .net framework 4.0 and reinstall, didn't work, but I found this solution:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except..., would suggest you to uninstall all versions of .net framework, and install the latest version from the AutoCAD 2013 installation media or microsoft website.

Hope that helps!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 11 of 72
charles1017

OMG it still doesnt work

after i removed the .NET frameworm 4.0 and reboot, I still get the same error 0xc000007b

dont know if it is related to .net problem

Message 12 of 72
charles1017

In addition, I borrowed my friends AutoCad 2012 and install on the same machine and OS.

It works like charm!!!

Message 13 of 72
charles1017

push~

Message 14 of 72
charles1017

to the top~

Message 15 of 72
charles1017

anyone can help???

Message 16 of 72
charles1017

Please help:( !!!
Message 17 of 72
emily.xu

Hi,Charles

So sorry for my delay reply,I just think of another possible solution we can try, which is the Service Pack. So, did you install any Service Pack for AutoCAd 2013? If yes, just uninstall it,run autocad see if woks.If no, please download here and apply the latest Service Pack 1.1, see if works.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 18 of 72
charles1017

just applied the update, still 0xc000007b......

is there any kind of log that the autocad will generate automatically once it failed to start?

coz it will be so much easier for me to tackle the problem

thanks!

Message 19 of 72
emily.xu

From what I know, there will be a acad.err log file created when you get the fatal error, but I don't think there are some helpful info in it, except record the fatal error code, but not the reason. And it's a complex process to troubleshooting such type of error.

So, now I would suggest you try to remove all Autodesk product and reinstall under a clean environment. You can refer to this solution on how to remove all.

Before reinstallation:

1  Please login your machine with a admin user

2  Be sure to turn off anti-virus and firewall

3  Empty your temp folder

4  Turn off UAC if you use Windows 7 system

5  Close any other applications running.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 20 of 72
charles1017

i cant even start the reinstall program, i remember there are 0xc00007b error(for AutoCAD2013 and AutoSync only) when i uninstall the program through control panel BEFORE, but now, it says the program is already removed and all it does is to remove the entry in the control panel.

but then i use "ADSUninstallTool.exe" to uninstall the program. is that ok?

will report again after reinstall

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report