Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECSU Install issue - W7 x64 3dsmax Color.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MikeEvansUK
513 Views, 2 Replies

ECSU Install issue - W7 x64 3dsmax Color.jpg

I can't install the ecsu product, it fails on 3dsmax install.

Dialogue, "Error writing to file, c:\users\user\documents\3dsmax\sceneassets\images\colors.jpg, verify you have access"

I have access, the folder is empty but structure is read only. Tried removing readonly setting to no avail, tried creating "dummy file" to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Mike,

You don't move the docs folder to another network resource do you?  Like roaming profiles or redirected folders?

Also, I assume you have local admin rights, UAC is off, and anti-virus disabled?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Following product support advice, In windoes 7 turn UAC off, Turn off Windows defender and uninstall Virus software (im my case Panda) just turning it off didn't work.

The product then installed correctly.

Case closed.

M.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report