Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed Server Installation - Server order

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chtrbrek
352 Views, 3 Replies

Distributed Server Installation - Server order

During the installation of Map 2014 I specified a License type of Network.

I selected to use a Distributed License Server:

I added the following servers to the list:

When I start Map and check the License Server being used it points at the server which is first on my list

ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE=@NDCMCBFP04;@NDCMCBFU04;@NDCMCBFD01

The odd thing is that I’m running a license manager on this server, (NDCMCBFP04) the service and license file is for Map 2010 not Map 2014

The server I’m trying to authenticate against is NDCMCBFD01 which is last on the list and does contain a functioning FlexNET installation and license

Is this as simple as changing the order of servers listed in the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable?

the attached PDF contains screen captures.

Thanks in advance,

Brek

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: chtrbrek

The odd thing is that I’m running a license manager on this server, (NDCMCBFP04) the service and license file is for Map 2010 not Map 2014

you may want to verify this by running this license file through the license parser

Is this as simple as changing the order of servers listed in the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable?

it should be

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
dembkod

chtrbrek

Hello. 2014 would not open on a 2010 license. Are there any 2014 suites in your license file that have map in it? I am guessing there may be a suite license in there. If you change the order of the variable, it should help. If not, open the registry and search on ADSKFLEX_LICNESE_FILE. Sometimes the variable becomes out of sync with the variable you entered. You can correct the variable in the reg to match and it should correct things.

Also, in the MAP install directory, you may want to look at the LICPATH.LIC file. Open it and look at the top center value. You may have only one server in there. You could remove or rename the licpath.lic file if you really need to .   

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
chtrbrek

Resolved: The order of servers listed with the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable did make the difference

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report