Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete 2012 installation folder?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Chewbacca42
340 Views, 2 Replies

Delete 2012 installation folder?

Can I delete the installation folder that ACAD 2012 creates in the C:\Autodesk directory while installing.  I don't have much room left on my hard drive and was wondering if this folder was needed after installing?  Same thing for Revit 2012 as well.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Chewbacca42

You can remove it.  Just keep in mind that you will likely be unable to do a repair installation unless you extract the files back to that folder.  You can also burn those folders to DVD if you want an archive of the installation.  At the very least, archive the compressed downloaded files so that you do not have to redownload them in the future.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Chewbacca42
in reply to: TravisNave

Awesome, thanks!  Just freed up about 8 or 9 gigs!  Both programs work fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report