Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView does not recognize .NET 4.0

39 REPLIES 39
Message 1 of 40
nbrown
33581 Views, 39 Replies

DWG TrueView does not recognize .NET 4.0

Problems trying to install DWG TrueView 2012 on Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. 

I have tried installing the 64-bit version of TrueView.  The installation stops and an error message says to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or higher.  However .NET 4.0 is already installed.

I tried the 32-bit version of TrueView but it would not install.

I restored .NET and reinstalled all updates. Still no luck.

TrueView 2011 ran fine on this platform.  However I do not have the original spurce files for that version.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

Alternatively, is the 2011 version of TrueView 64-bit still available to download?

Nigel

39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40
david.lau
in reply to: nbrown

Can you log a case and Product Support can send you the URL for the 2011 TrueView x64?

Can you also check out these reference posts:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/DWG-TrueView/DWG-Trueview-require-Framework-4/td-p/3015044

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/DWG-Trueview-2011-error-Unable-to-run-DWG-Truev...

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS16436702

David Lau
Message 3 of 40
iraiam
in reply to: david.lau

I have this same problem trying to install TrueView 2012 32 bit on windows XP pro,  I had .NET framework 4.0 already and Installed a security update for it, still no luck. error is "You must first install Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0 or greater before installing this product."

Message 4 of 40
HelenChen-Autodesk
in reply to: iraiam

Hello,

Could you please try this tool to check what .net Framework you have installed in your machine?

http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

Regards,

Helen

Message 5 of 40
iraiam
in reply to: HelenChen-Autodesk

Ok, thanks much,  this is the result.

<32Bit>
  ->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
  ->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
  ->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

< Installed .NET Frameworks >
.NET FW 1.1 SP 1
.NET FW 2.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.5 SP 1
.NET FW 4.0 Client

I am thinking I need NET FW 4.0 "Full Framework" installed, Is that correct? I'm downloading it as I type to try it.

Message 6 of 40
iraiam

Thank you, that was the problem.

<32Bit>
  ->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
  ->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
  ->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

.NET FW 1.1 SP 1
.NET FW 2.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.5 SP 1
.NET FW 4.0 Client
.NET FW 4.0 Full   *********  THIS WAS MISSING********

I got the .NET FW 4.0 FULL here 

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718

Thanks again

Message 7 of 40
HelenChen-Autodesk

Hello,

Yeah, you are right. The Full version of .Net 4 is needed to be pre-installed.

It's very glad you have resolved your problem. 🙂

Regards,

Helen

Message 8 of 40
nbrown

Thaw
Message 9 of 40
nbrown

That worked for me too.  Thank you very much for your help!

Nigel

Message 10 of 40
waltspar

Did you ever get a resolution? I am having the same issue with Trueview 2012 and Windows XP PRO 32bit.  I have updated the Framework, including completely removing and reinstalling - no joy.

It's time to re-evaluate "how you've always done it"…
Message 11 of 40
nbrown

The solution was to install a full version of .NET 4.0.  Windows 7 comes with a partial installation so it appears that the program is present.  But it is not the full-blown program.  You can download the full .NET 4.0 from the Microsoft website.  After installing it, DWG TrueView installed normally.

Message 12 of 40
donmartin53

Thanks for the help. The NET Framework 4.0 Full did the trick.

Don

Message 13 of 40
feddex

Here's my findings as I'm experiencing the same issue with 2013 TrueView (error telling me I need to install .NET framework 4.0 SP1

->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727
  ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319

.NET FW 1.1
.NET FW 2.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.5 SP 1
.NET FW 4.0 Client
.NET FW 4.0 Full

I've installed the latest MS has to offer, and still, I can't get this to run.  I'm using Windows7 Professional x64.  Help

Message 14 of 40
iviit

We had a similar problem. It looked like .NET 4 Full was already installed, but we kept getting the minimum .NET 4 sp 1 message when trying to install DWG Trueview 2013.

Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4 KB2468871 solved our problem.

Hope this helps.

Message 15 of 40
CADuser101

Windows XP 32-bit -- *** FIXED ***

We have several XP-Pro 32-bit machines.  Even after the suggested .NET 4.0 Client & Full install, none of our machines would get past the “.NET 4.0 SP1 or later required” message.  The TrueView installer is specifically checking the registry for installation of Microsoft KB2468871.  Even if you’ve just downloaded and installed .NET 4.0, the TrueView installation will fail unless update KB2468871 is also installed.

Download from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3556

Filename for XP 32-bit: “NDP40-KB2468871-v2-x86.exe”

I see another poster just discovered the same solution.  I had to use procmon.exe to see the registry query.

Message 16 of 40
ddumond

I am trying to install TrueView 2013 64 bit on Windows 7 machine.  I have been getting the same .Net 4.0 not installed message described above but nonoe of the fixes described has worked for me so far.  I have uninstalled and re-installed .Net 4.0 from Microsoft, installed the 64 bit version of the patch from KB2468871 all to no avail.  Is anyone else continuing to suffer this problem or are there any other ideas to try?

Message 17 of 40
sahilchopra

ive got the same porblem and no solution.

Message 18 of 40
nbrown
in reply to: sahilchopra

The version of .Net 4.0 that comes as part of Windows 7 is not the full program. Go to the Microsoft site and download the full version of .Net 4.0 (free). Install it and DWG TrueView will run fine.
Message 19 of 40
keabus

Completely true solution, it worked for me 🙂 Thank you.

Message 20 of 40
blort

I would like to thank the creators of DWG TrueView 2013 for wasting my evening. I installed .NET 4 Full, KB2468871, rebooted, and it still won't install. I'd also like to thank all of autodesk for making it take much longer to download your useless software by forcing akamai net downloader on me. Akamai is intrusive, unnecessary, and non-functional. The alternate download will only redirect me to the x86 version of DWG TrueView which is incompatable with W7 x64 (also should not be an issue since x64 is perfectly capable of running most x86 applications). I had to rely on some Czech based autodesk forum for a dowload of DWG TrueView x64 at about 50 KB/s. All of this to find it still will not install. Seriously, you all know what you can do to yourselves. Cutting my losses and finding another .dwg viewer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report