Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL error from Network License Activation Utility

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ljb99
1128 Views, 6 Replies

DLL error from Network License Activation Utility

Product is Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2009. I installed the Network License Activation utility (NLA) from the product DVD, without errors, but when I try to run it I get the following popup error titled "Register Today": Failed to load Ereg.DLL
and NLA will not run. Can anyone offer any help?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: ljb99

http://register.autodesk.com

1-800-551-1490

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
ljb99

Well, thanks, but that wasn't exactly the kind of help I was looking for. I've always used NLA successfully to get my network licenses, and I want to continue using it. Has anyone seen this problem? Has anyone used NLA from 3ds Max Design 2009?
Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

You do realize that you could have had your license already by now? Perhaps it will work for you again in Autodesk 2010.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
ljb99

Solved, it seems. NLA for 3ds Max Design 2009 - and presumably other 2009 products, does not work on Windows 2000. It installs OK but won't run. (I know, the products require XP or higher, but I expected the NLA to continue to work on Win2K, or if not it should refuse to install.) We still have some Win2K PCs, and that's what I tried first. It worked fine on an XP PC.
Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

You failed to mention that necessary tidbit in your original post.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 7
EricTronic

Hi,

The reason that it doesn't run on W2k is that ereg.dll (AdEreg.dll) tries to load kernel32::GetNativeSystemInfo API. This API was introduced in XP and Server2003. Thus it requires XP, Vista, Server2003 or Server2008. The call is statically linked and hence ereg.dll cannot possibly be loaded under W2K.

Greetz Erik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report