Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil & Survey install problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
294 Views, 5 Replies

Civil & Survey install problems

When I try to install Civil Design or Survey from an admin image on a Windows XP workstation, I recieve the following error message: MSI2EA - C:\DOCUME~1\jonh\LOCALS~1\Temp\Adsklicense.ini not found. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Thanks, Jon
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have tried installing Civil design using the administrator's account and still recieve the same error, only pointing to the administrators documents folder. Still looking for any solution to this problem. Jon Houser "Jon Houser" wrote in message news:40c99fed_2@newsprd01... > When I try to install Civil Design or Survey from an admin image on a > Windows XP workstation, I recieve the following error message: > > MSI2EA - C:\DOCUME~1\jonh\LOCALS~1\Temp\Adsklicense.ini not found. > > Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? > > Thanks, > Jon > >
Message 3 of 6
kadeking

Jon,

I had a customer with a similar issue. We tried everything and couldn't resolve the problem.

I logged a technical support request with Autodesk and we ended up on a conference call with Autodesk to resolve the problem.

The solution was to put a copy of the licpath.lic file into c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared, for some reason the Civil and Survey modules just couldn't find the licpath.lic file.

I hope this helps.

Also, be aware that Autodesk has released service packs for both Civil Design and Survey 2005. You may want to download and install those as well.

Regards,

KaDe King
L.A. CAD Corp.
Costa Mesa, CA
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I gave your suggestion a try, but still recieved the same error. I think I will try uninstalling Land Desktop 2005 and install everything under administrator account. Thanks, Jon "kadeking" wrote in message news:6031786.1087848894266.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Jon, > > I had a customer with a similar issue. We tried everything and couldn't resolve the problem. > > I logged a technical support request with Autodesk and we ended up on a conference call with Autodesk to resolve the problem. > > The solution was to put a copy of the licpath.lic file into c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared, for some reason the Civil and Survey modules just couldn't find the licpath.lic file. > > I hope this helps. > > Also, be aware that Autodesk has released service packs for both Civil Design and Survey 2005. You may want to download and install those as well. > > Regards, > > KaDe King > L.A. CAD Corp. > Costa Mesa, CA
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I have tried the reinstall under administrator. I now get a error message when trying to install Civil Design that reads: MSI77 Registry key not found. Any ideas on what could be causing this new message. "Jon Houser" wrote in message news:40c99fed_2@newsprd01... > When I try to install Civil Design or Survey from an admin image on a > Windows XP workstation, I recieve the following error message: > > MSI2EA - C:\DOCUME~1\jonh\LOCALS~1\Temp\Adsklicense.ini not found. > > Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? > > Thanks, > Jon > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

There are apparently some issues with the NIW (Network Installation Wizard) generating admin installations for distribution. One of our primary issues were the inability for a standard user to login and use the application due to default search paths pointing to the administrative profile as a searchable path for the menu item, fonts and all of the other stuff AutoDesk assumes a user wants dumped in their profile. The primary culprit is the default setting in the NIW for setting the temp path to C:\DOCUME~1\\LOCALS~1\Temp\. One would go on the assumption that the line would be equivalent to the %username% environment variable for MS Windows but no, it instead hard codes the installation username in the LDDT.ARG and MAP.ARG search paths for startup. Of course if you happen to be an administrator or are not using the NTFS file system you can use the erroneous paths since there are no file security limitations. A brief overview of what needs to be corrected can be found in the knowledge base document TS85103 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=4494045&linkID=2475507 the best document to use is http://www3.autodesk.com/adsk/files/4515408_LDT_Limited_User_Whitepaper_FINALV3.doc. If it is no longer is available just do a keyword search on the Internet for Land Desktop Limited User. There are several replications from other folks who have had this issue and have made it easier to find than AutoDesk. They do not even link it with the keywords from their Knowledge Base support area. You have to either browse the Whitepaper section or search from the main search link within their site or then sort through 100+ hits depending on the keywords you use. There are several other issues with the NIW just for the Land Desktop installs. If you want the Express Tools available you have to manually copy the files to the installation point even though you have selected to have them included from the NIW. This is explained in the knowledge base document TS84941 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=4366039&linkID=2475507 We of course had the bonus problem of all of our users having roaming profiles with a storage area of only 50MB for their roaming profiles and any personal files. This issue was a main problem for us because the AutoDesk Land Desktop 2004/5 product likes to dump 25MB of "support files" into each user's profile. The excuse we got for this was "this is Microsoft's issue because it is what we had to do to be WinXP compliant". This seems pretty bogus since a standard user still has to have the modifications to the installation that I mentioned above in Limited User comment in order for the software to work correctly. In fact, we over came this issue by designing or installation to run with a script that initializes the NIW MSI package and then generates a profile directory in the program's default installation directory and places all of the "unique" files required by each user in a single directory and points the LDDT.ARG and MAP.ARG files to this directory as the searchable path rather than the user's network profile path which we limit what files are kept when they log out. We exclude the local settings folder from their profile for the roaming profiles and so when they log back in the application finds the search path is available and rebuilds the local settings folder. Since we are trying to teach engineers to be engineers and not AutoCAD/Land Desktop users we have decided not to implement all of the other components (Civil Design, Survey, Raster Design, Envision) so we have skipped the issues that may be unique to those additions but I am sure there are as many quirks in those as there are in just the base application. -- Ken Young -- -- IT Resource Consultant -- -- University of South Carolina -- "Jon Houser" wrote in message news:40c99fed_2@newsprd01... > When I try to install Civil Design or Survey from an admin image on a > Windows XP workstation, I recieve the following error message: > > MSI2EA - C:\DOCUME~1\jonh\LOCALS~1\Temp\Adsklicense.ini not found. > > Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? > > Thanks, > Jon > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report