Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D crash...had to reinstall...now it won't run

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
johntrla
476 Views, 8 Replies

Civil 3D crash...had to reinstall...now it won't run

Good morning,

C3D crash and I reinstalled.  Entered an activation code given to me by Autodesk because serial number was not recoginized.  After I entered activation code I received an error message that stated:

"Autodesk component has stopped working...A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Then C3D gets hung up and I have to close it out.

PLEASE HELP!!  THANKS!

John T.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: johntrla

Hi John,

The first thing I would try is deleting your license storage file using the below instructions. 

First enable view of hidden files if you have not already(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-hidden-files). Navigate to the below directory

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Windows 8/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet 

Find a file with a name similar to this: adskflex_00691b00_tsf the important thing is that it begins with the adskflex. Delete that file. Please note once you do this all Autodesk standalone licenses will need to be reactivated.

If you have done this and still get the error you may need to do a clean uninstall of all Autodesk files and registry keys and then re-install your software. Refer to the instructions below

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 9
johntrla
in reply to: asburyj

asburyj,

i actually just did a full uninstall/reinstall and i get the same error.  i even tried to do a 30-day trial in hopes that i could bypass the activation, but that option was not available.

i think it's time to throw my computer into the snowbank that's forming outside my window . . .

John T.
Message 4 of 9
asburyj

John,

Did you try deleting the tsf file as noted above? Also when uninstalling and re installing make sure you are using the clean uninstall instructions because during a normal uninstall and re-install the licensing components are left in place so if those are damaged a normal uninstall/reinstall won't repair it. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 9
johntrla

Jeffry,

I did try the full/clean uninstall and deleted that file, but still no luck.

Very frustrated.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks . . . John T.

John T.
Message 6 of 9
asburyj

Which release of C3D is this? 2014?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 9
johntrla

Negative . . . C3D 2012.

Was running "fine" for months (I say fine, cuz my system would not be classified as a workstation and therefore, is kinda cranky) and then yesterday it just crashed as I tried to open a drawing I'd been working in for weeks.

John T.
Message 8 of 9
asburyj

If you have done the clean uninstall and re install and are still having trouble there may be a problem with a component on your system. Can you try doing a windows system restore to a time before you started having the problem?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 9
johntrla

Jeffry,

Haven't had a chance to work in C3D yet, but at least I'm able to open the program following the system restore.

Excellent!  Thanks a million!

John T.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report