Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Uninstall Maya 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zarpas92
7132 Views, 2 Replies

Cant Uninstall Maya 2013

Hi I have really weird problem with Maya 2013 (official version) It was perfect but for some reason is not detected my Windows or any other software as a program. So, I try to reinstall it but it doesnt show up in the programs list, also in the root directory there is no uninstall file. Also in the registry editor there is no Maya 2013 code. So, basically I have a program which runs perfect but is not a program detected by windows, any idea what I can do? I try using Microsoft uninstalling software and other third partys but they cant detect anything. The only thing I can do is delete the root files manually from C: drive but find it a bit risky. Any ideas? thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: zarpas92

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

For all other installation problems consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
muk0284
in reply to: zarpas92

Hey,

I went through all the possible guides and even tried to install cleaner to get rid of any hidden registries and so on, which did NOT help me... but after an hour of trying I found out the maya install file (not the package installer called setup.exe) And after running this file it will ask you what to do with the Maya on your PC (and yes I deleted all the folders/regs/shortucts/user datas/app datas and so on before that and I still had the problems) and then you select Uninstall and it will do all the work for you. This fixed my issue and I was able to reinstall Maya after that with the usual setup.exe The destination of the maya(only) installer is C:\Autodesk\Maya_2013_CEJ_Win_64-bit\x64\Maya or where ever you have extracted the Autodesk install files beforehand.. your folder should be as well named Maya_2013_CEJ_Win_64-bit or something very close to this. and then you go x64/Maya and select the install file in order to uninstall the program from your PC. 

I know my response is a bit too late, but this might help others or you if you are still having problems doing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report