Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall Mudbox 2011 trial

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
10DSpace
1229 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot uninstall Mudbox 2011 trial

Hi there.  I am trying to uninstall the 30 day trial version of Mudbox 2011 (from a Windows XP SP3, 4G RAM computer) so that I can install the boxed version that I have purchased.  However, the uninstall will not complete and I get the following error,

Error 1402 could not open key

unknown\fbx\Fbx Scene. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnell.

When I click OK, I get a second message,

Fatal error during installation

Also, when I had originally installed the trial version, I did get an error message (sorry don't remember exactly what it said), but the install did complete and I was able to use the program normally as far as I can tell (including exporting to fbx).  I also tried simply installing the boxed version, figuring maybe it would overwrite the trial version, but it would not install, saying that Mudbox 2011 was already installed on my system. 

Any idea how I can uninstall the trial version?

Thanks in advance for any guidance 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
10DSpace
in reply to: 10DSpace

Just to let you know that I managed to solve the problem.  The issue is with the windows installer and by editing permissions to the fbx.Scene registry key, I was able to uninstall.  I am now up and running with the boxed version.

Thanks and Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report