Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start Autocad 2012 as restricted user (network license)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Atomheartmother
1304 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot start Autocad 2012 as restricted user (network license)

I have an issue starting Autocad 2012 as restricted user on a Win 7 Client (32bit). When I try to start Autocad 2012 (as restricted user, even as power user) I got an error:

"The security system (softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed."

Changing group permission of the "restricted" user to local administrative permission makes autocad running fine. No problems anymore. But this workaround is no solution because it is in conflict with our security policy.

I'm searching for a solution, where the user is still in the restriced user group, but I have no problem to change security permissions for files, folders, registry-settings, services, etc.

My configuration:

Client: Win 7 Enterprise, 32bit, SP1, all actual Win-Patches applied, Autocad 2012 SP1 (newest version), Client joined in Domain (Active Directory)

License Server: Win 2008 R2, 64bit, SP1, all actual Win-Patches applied, Server joined in Domain (Active Directory)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I don't see any reason you can't give the user local admin or power user privileges on their own machine.  However, if the policy is too militant to allow this, then you might consider giving full permissions to the C:\ProgramData\Flexnet folder as a start.  If you're using UAC, disable that as well.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5

The reason is, thats this is a school here and many students are (only) interested to demolish the computerinstallation.

UAC is disabled!

The Folder " C:\ProgramData\Flexnet " is only existent, when you use a local licence, not a network licence!

Message 4 of 5

I wasn't aware that you were in a student lab environment.  Set the application to always run as Administrator.  See if that works.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Matchimus
in reply to: TravisNave

Still no answer for this?

Very sloppy programming.

How do you people expect students to learn? Go to school right?

As an admin I cannot and will not give everyone admin permissions, it's just asking for trouble. So, we all need a valid WORKING solution to domain environments.

I have been waiting THREE YEARS for an answer to this. How do I deploy service packs? I can't. I have to go around to over 100 machines and install 8 differnt service packs for each one.

You can guess this makes me very very angry!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report