Installation & Licensing

charlieyu81
Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)

Cannot Select Revit on the "Select the Products to Install Screen"

200 Views, 3 Replies
07-22-2011 03:10 PM

I purchased a single seat license for AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2011.  I installed Revit on a desktop and would also like to install it on a laptop which the license allows.  However, when I get to the "Select the Products to Install" screen, I cannot select any of the products to install including Revit, Design Review, and Material Library.  I am attempting to install as a stand-alone installation.  I am sure that the laptop exceeds all the system requirements.  Please help, thanks.

It is somewhat frustrating that after paying thousands for a program, one has to resort to a discussion forum in order to get help installing the product.  I wouldn't mind some form of real-time support through IM, but a discussion forum seems difficult to resolve more complex issues with such complicated software.

Valued Mentor
Message 2 of 4 (191 Views)

Re : Cannot Select Revit on the "Select the Products to Install Screen&quot

07-23-2011 04:25 AM in reply to: charlieyu81

Hi,

Could you give us more details on your laptop ? (model, os, video, etc...)

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
charlieyu81
Message 3 of 4 (186 Views)

Re : Cannot Select Revit on the "Select the Products to Install Screen&

07-23-2011 10:43 AM in reply to: frhervet

Thanks for your assistance.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

i7 @ 1.73 GHZ (Dell XPS Model L701X)

8 GB RAM

500+ GB of FREE Harddisk Space

1600 x 900 Resolution

4 GB NVidia Graphis Card

I guess I may stand corrected that the Resolution doesn't meet the system requirements? 

Charlie

Valued Mentor
Message 4 of 4 (176 Views)

Re : Cannot Select Revit on the "Select the Products to Install Screen&

07-24-2011 01:33 PM in reply to: charlieyu81

Hi,

Video card resolution is not the problem.

Could you post a screenshot of the problem.

If you download a trial of AutoCAD and try to install, have you the same problem ?

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube