Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install from Deployment image

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
abaldor
543 Views, 1 Reply

Can't install from Deployment image

created a Revit 2013 64x deployment image on our network server running windows server 2003. When I try to install from a user’s workstation the installation kicks off but the progress bar looks like it freezes halfway and no log file is ever created. I setup the proper share permissions to the everyone group. I ran the install as an elevated user even though all my users are local admins to their workstations. I have let the install go over night just to see if it ever finished to no avail. I reached out to Autodesk for some support and they mentioned to create the image on my local machine and copy it to the network share. I did just that and the image installed perfect on my machine. I then tried to install on a user’s machine with the same results as before. Installation starts but appears frozen halfway.

Any ideas? I had the same issue with CAD 2012 and Revit 2012. I was so frustrated that I just installed from the CD. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alison.gangler
in reply to: abaldor

Hi,

In order to help troubleshoot this issue as quickly as possible, I need to ask for some additional information.

What operating system are you using?

1. Please modify the deployment to run in non-silent mode by opening the TOOLS directory where the AdminImage folder is and running the shortcut, Create & modify a deployment. Then launch the deployment install again on the system to see exactly at what point of the install it is stopping.

Please send a screen shot of the interface at that point, if possible.

2. Please verify whether the .NET 4.0 is already installed on the system or whether there is a prompt to install the .NET 4.0 Framework. This can be done by checking the Control Panel > Add Remove Programs.

3. Are you launching the install from an account that has full admin permissions on the system?

4. Is the deployment set to be hosted on a UNC path location or a mapped drive? Have you verified that the location is accessible from the client workstation.

5. Please send me the command or properties of the shortcut you are using to launch the deployment (Right click on the shortcut, Properties, TARGET and START IN box values).

6. Next, enable the verbose logging for Windows Installer before launching the deployment install by using the instructions provided in this Microsoft Knowledgebase article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300

This will add the following registry key to your system:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer]
"Logging"="voicewarmupx"

The logs will be generated in the TEMP directory which can be accessed by typing '%temp%' in the START > RUN. Please locate the logs which will have a naming convention of MSIxxxxx.log, where the x is either a letter or number.

When you have located the MSI logs, please upload them to the post so that I can analyze them for you.

7. Also, check the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Logs in the Windows Application and System logs for any Errors, Warnings or Information regarding the MsiInstaller as Source. Please send the contents of any logs related to this event that you can find.

Thank you and I look forward to your reply with all this information.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report